Wind-up chargers

Last Updated:

1. Missing_Link

Missing_Link Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

I'm off camping for 4 days in Germany and charging is going to be a problem. So, I decided to buy one of those wind-up chargers. If it doesn't work, well it has a light as well so it won't be a complete loss :)

Just wondered, has anyone else tried one of these wind-up efforts, and how did it turn out ?.

Will be using it with my Desire, plus I have a Sony W810i as backup which I know will go the distance anyway :)

I'll report back at the end of the month when I'm back from hols.

Cheers.

Advertisement
  2. sudored

sudored Well-Known Member

Did you buy it on the first of April :confused:

3. Its_Red

Its_Red Well-Known Member

Yeah reporting back would be good as I do a lot festivals and looking into ways of recharging without mains though I have been looking at solar charges. If anyone has used a wind-up charger or solar charger any chance you could give your opinion of them please :D

4. Kerogi

Kerogi Member

solar chargers are kinda useless, had one for my iphone, the only way they were of use was to charge them up via the mains, solar charging was far too slow, i.e leave it in sun all day and it charged my iphone for about a minute

5. tuatha

tuatha Well-Known Member

I used a wind-up charger before. I could barely get it to to the first power bar in 30 minutes of frantic winding. And that battery had about half the capacity of the desire's.

Good luck!

6. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Lol, this is what I'd expect. You'd probably have to spend a day winding to get 10 minutes of charge!