• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Window Animations and Sense?

gonzoguy24

Android Expert
Nov 11, 2009
Aurora, IL
Have not really found an answer but...

I came from stock android on the Moto Droid and now have the incredible with Sense... How come there are no sweet window animations in sense??? I miss this dearly and always thought it made the UI look nice...What I mean is when you open an app the app kinda of like expands out and when you close one in shrinks away... Can anyone help me get that back? I know I can have it on a hoime replacement app but I do not want to lose all the HTC widgets!

I haven't seen any such feature built into the DINC, nor do I recall seeing an app that would do something like that.

But just because I haven't seen it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Hopefully someone else can chime in.

I have to say, that sounds annoying though. Its something I would be turning off if I had the X :(

Stock android 2.1 has the "zoom" effect into and out of apps. HTC decided we didn't need it...

Maybe it's because they are cheap asses and decided not to write drivers for the graphics card that the phone has, currently sitting unused. Everything you see on your phone's screen is software (cpu) rendering, gpu doesn't even come into the equation...

Upvote 0
Annoying? It looks nice...I miss it a bit

Oh, I am sure lots of people would like it! And I have no idea why they decided not to implement it. It might just be that they don't want to seem like they are "copying" everything that Motorola does? Who knows? :thinking:

I just know I wouldn't care for it and would turn off the option. But I agree, it should at least BE an option if it's something that is common among Android phones.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones