Windows 7 Compatibility/Mount Issue...Support

1. ha11ster

ha11ster Member

Issue: Moment will not Mount on a Windows 7 Box.

Resolution(resolved): Turn off "USB Debugging".
    Under: Settings-->Applications-->Development

Thanks to Bernal for the fix...

Ha11ster

Advertisement
    :
    carnivalrejectq likes this.
  2. Bernal

Bernal Well-Known Member

I'm running a clean install of Windows 7 (about a week old). The Moment is mounting the SD card without any problems at all. But, if you turn on the USB Debugging under Settings-->Applications-->Development, then you can't mount the SD card because the driver for USB Debugging isn't found by windows. Just turning it back off will allow you to mount it.

If that's not the problem, then perhaps because I had a Hero mounting with windows previously, perhaps it did something that enabled the Moment to work.
  3. ha11ster

ha11ster Member

@Bernal,
    Then That is the issue then. USB debugging is on by default from the factory. I applied the new setting and the Android now mounts in Windows 7.

I will update my original post.

Thanks for your help!

Ha11ster
  4. thefley

thefley Well-Known Member

I posted a fix in the HERO section on a windows 7 fix
  5. KoukiFC3S

KoukiFC3S Well-Known Member

Mine worked out of the box.
  6. RugbyRef

RugbyRef Member

Great job folks! I did just what you described and it works perfectly!

Cheers!

Tim :D
  7. MadFlava

MadFlava Active Member

Mine also worked out of the box. Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.
  8. cutesttruckdriver

cutesttruckdriver New Member

Thanks for this suggestion, it was driving me crazy not being able to connect my phone with the laptop. I did as you suggested and voila it works! Thanks again!!!
  9. carnivalrejectq

carnivalrejectq Well-Known Member

Thank god for this post and the search option.
  10. sakuracyl

sakuracyl New Member

i still couldn't connect my phone to my pc even though i had turn off the usb debugging.
  11. MyNamesTooLong

MyNamesTooLong Well-Known Member

Did you power cycle the phone? What type of pc?
  12. mwtrees

mwtrees New Member

I had to unplug the usb from the phone before it would allow me to turn off the debugging, but now it WORKS! yay! :D
  13. adamstuart07

adamstuart07 New Member

Thanks Bernal for helping us and giving awesome solution for compatibility issue of windows 7 .Window 7 ultimate is really one of the most widely used operating system .It Resolve all the problem of Windows vista .which did a lot to harm both the company's reputation, and the productivity and blood pressure of its users. Almost All the PC Maker Company provides Window 7 in his system. If we talk about compatibility with Windows 7 we can say Windows 7 having the good compatibility with software available in a market.

but it having some compatibility issue like we write in this thread ....