• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Windows 7 laptop won't recognize phone

turbobdogg

Lurker
Sep 16, 2012
Hello Folks,

My windows 7 laptop will not recognize my phone. I have tried three different USB cables, downloaded Samsung Kies, and the drivers direct from TMobile and Samsung, yet my phone will not sync with computer. The message pops up and says "USB Device Not Recognized". The computer knows that it is plugged, since the message pops up, and I have tried with and without debugging mode on. Anyone have any tips/downloads/ideas to get my computer to recognize the device so it can be rooted?

Thanks for your help ahead of time.

Have you tried going into settings, SD card and phone storage, unmount SD card
then when it finishes, take off the back cover, find the SD card slot and lightly push at it.
It will then pop out.
Then get a micro SD reader and put the micro SD card into the reader.
Then put the reader into your computer.
When done, to put the SD card back in, goto the slot and put the SD card in lightly and then push it in lightly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones