1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Windows 8 on a Superpad?General

1. splash2

splash2 New Member

Windows 8 on a DISCO10 Superpad? Is that possible?

Advertisement
    :
  2. paulsam7

paulsam7 Active Member

No, no, no. Absolutely impossible to put any version of Windows on an Android device.

Now, if you want to go THE OTHER DIRECTION, Bluestacks is about to release for alpha testing an application that will run Android on a Windows PC. :)
  3. dart16

dart16 Well-Known Member

Oh dear!!

The system requirements for the Windows Developer Preview (a pre-release version of Windows 8) are similar to those of Windows 7.[46]
    Minimum hardware requirements for Windows Developer Preview
    Architecture x86 (32-bit) x86-64 (64-bit)
    Processor 1 GHz x86 processor 1 GHz x86-64 processor
    Memory (RAM) 1 GB 2 GB
    Graphics Card DirectX 9 graphics processor with WDDM 1.0
    (Not absolutely necessary; only required for Aero hardware acceleration. Graphics processors with no WDDM support will fall back to software rendering of Windows Aero and other 3D-accelerated graphics.)
    HDD free space 16 GB of free disk space 20 GB of free disk space
    A multi-touch screen is also required to take advantage of touch input. For Metro applications, a screen resolution of 1024x768 is required.

So not fast enough, not enough memory, not enough storage space on the system partition, and not a multi touch screen, oh... and not a high enough graphics resolution :p

(although it did say somewhere that it will be compiled for ARM architecture)
  4. lfc4ever

lfc4ever Well-Known Member

Although Win CE has been known to work on quite a few android devices :D
  5. dart16

dart16 Well-Known Member

ummmmm... should that be WinCE and Android have co-existed on a few hardware devices? unless I missed the CE_emulator.apk:D
  6. lfc4ever

lol, indeed it should, have to love wordy wordsmiths :p

/off to dev that apk now though, it sounds quite good & useful
  7. AJB2K3

AJB2K3 Well-Known Member

No never, not in a million years should anyone consider putting windows on anything other then a PC or laptop!
  8. lfc4ever

Frisco likes this.
  9. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

You beat me to it. ;) ^^
    lfc4ever likes this.
  10. paulsam7

paulsam7 Active Member

11. lfc4ever

Sarcasm never comes across very well in forums :insert sarcasm smiley of choice here:
  12. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

I often try those smilies, but they don't always work. ;) I mean :p .. that's not right, how about :rolleyes: no, wait that offends some.. :D?

Yeah. :D sometimes works.

:cool:
  13. lfc4ever

Get the boss to add this one: [​IMG]

:D

Sorry - gone OffT again, so back OT

So no, windows 8 on a disco 10 is a bad idea :p
  14. AJB2K3

AJB2K3 Well-Known Member

Just goes to show that not everyone has common sense ( the samsung tablet not the comments)
    Can't these muppets take note that OS/non proprietary software allows people to develop better working software.
  15. splash2

splash2 New Member

Wow! What a lot of interest this generated - I was expecting a plain 'No' :D

Anyway, thanks for all the responses and sorry it took so long to reply - been away.