Poll closed Dec 16, 2013.
  1. Good

100.0%
  2. Bad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Mrhh

Mrhh New Member

Sorry if I posted this in the right place. Moderators- please move if necessary.
    As some of you might have heard (don't worry if you haven't ;)) , as I posted this in my intro, I own a tablet. It's a samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0 Gt P3113.Now, I LOVE the new metro windows (windows 8) from what I've seen and I want to give it a try myself. So, does someone know how to install windows 8 as a secondary OS. Like, so that i can select which os to boot from at startup. My tablet has Android 4.0 on it. By the way, please note that I do not want to change my os to windows 8. I want to have it secondary and so i can uninstall it anytime.Neither i am a root user so please bear that in mind . If you need more info, feel free to P.M me.

Advertisement
    :
  2. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

I don't believe it is possible to dual boot android at this point. I know there is a Ubuntu linux version that can be placed on an android device instead, but it would be the primary from what I recall. Maybe one of the more experienced developers will confirm or correct me on this.
  3. Mrhh

Mrhh New Member

Of course it is okay, however rooting is too risky for me I'm afraid. Thanks for all your responses. This forum is great at fast response. Maybe there still is a way, who knows, keep on posting me with all you know.
  4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

5. Mostly Harmless

Mostly Harmless Well-Known Member Contributor

If rooting is too risky for you then there is no way you will be able to dual boot windows on your tablet. Sorry but it's just not going to happen.
  6. Davdi

Davdi Well-Known Member Contributor

Win 8 does not need UEFI to install, I have it on an old socket 775/Celeron E330 box with conventional BIOS.
    UEFI is only a requirement for new computers sold with Win 8 pre-installed.

The real issue for running Win8 on a tablet is driver support.

from a post here: Dual booting Windows 8 and Android ICS on Tablet PCs - Step by Step Guide - TechDiscussion

so those tablets should have driver support

7. jefboyardee

jefboyardee Well-Known Member

That is funny...