windows emulator using android os

1. mitch04

mitch04 Active Member

Is it possible or is there an application for android to have a mini windows emulator?

just wondering Im really after a program thats on windows to run on my android?

thanks

Advertisement
  2. mitch04

mitch04 Active Member

anyone know of any application that can run windows or something. any suggestion on how I can do this I just need to install a program on to it.
    I have tried remote windows but always going to be gone from the computer and place.

thanks
  3. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

Might be better to get that program ported to Linux / Android. Doubt you're going to have much luck finding a Windows emulator, with licensing issues and all that.
  4. WaLkeR

WaLkeR Well-Known Member

Well, I don't think anyone who's writing android apps in their right mind would even consider doing a windows emulator/simulation, that's like taking steps in the wrong direction lol...

But, what app is it that you're trying to find maybe someone on here could help you find something similar :)
  5. ari-free

ari-free Well-Known Member

it will be very hard because you also need to emulate the intel cpu. That will make it so slow...unusable.
  6. WaLkeR

WaLkeR Well-Known Member

Agreed, overall waste of time and no means of functionality so your better off finding a similar app which shouldnt be hard but would honestly be the smarter choice to begin with.
  7. Gibby22

Gibby22 New Member

I'm stuck with a program that runs on the windows OS. Now that tablets are getting usable as traveling computers, I need to find a way to run this windows based program on my droid. The program is only a client application to connect to the software on my server. I cannot seem to find a way to get it to run.

I don't want the OS, just the ability to run a windows program. I realize that it's probably next to impossible... but it's worth asking about.
  8. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

You could always use something like VNC to remotely connect to a Windows machine and control it. Probably not what you were looking for, but it was worth a thought.
  9. o.maille

o.maille Member

Ok a full windows OS would be very difficult, how wouldn't CE or windows mobile be possible?
  10. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

I assume the program been discussed has to run on PC Windows, e.g. XP. It wont run on a mobile version of Windows like CE anyway, any more than it will run on Android. They are completely different

How about just getting a tablet which runs Windows 7?
  11. beboyle

beboyle Active Member

Speed and memory - no Android device (currently) has enough of either to support an even minimally functional Windows emulator.
  12. AGVirt

AGVirt New Member

For remote access to Windows apps from Android devices, you can try Ericom AccessToGo, a free RDP client for Android, iPad and iPhone devices. If you also want to speed up RDP, you can use AccessToGo with Ericom's Blaze server (a commercial, not free product). That makes AccessToGo the fastest RDP client for mobile devices for working with graphic applications over a remote connection.

For more information about AccessToGo, visit:
    Ericom's mobile RDP client for for iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch and Android devices
  13. discountbodyje

discountbodyje New Member

I am in same boat (I think) I cancelled broadband to save money. I can do 99% of what I need on my Samsung. But I can't run a windows program. I need a leapfrog program to update my daughter's Easter. But no app. And no way to do it. I have been looking for months. I don't want to spend $40 a month for broadband for just that.
  14. discountbodyje

discountbodyje New Member

I don't know what the hell RDP is but I went to a lot of trouble trying that. It Didnt work either
  15. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

If you need Windows, maybe buy a $200 Windows netbook?
  16. treii28

treii28 New Member

I'm not sure how well it works, but I have DosBox running on mine to play old sid meier games like Colonization for DOS, and I see at least a couple of threads on various blogs/forums where people claim to have gotten older versions of windows running by copying the setup files into the DosBox folder and begrudgingly sitting through the winblows setup process on an android dos emulator. I haven't done it but one of them had a screenshot claiming he had it working.
  17. Anderson7

Anderson7 New Member

microsoft brings WindowsPhone emulator for android users as well as for iphone user to get experience Microsoft OS.
  18. mercury0x000d

mercury0x000d The ultra-modern operator Guide

Also, have you considered using TeamViewer? You could visit their website, download the PC version to install on your Windows machine, and download and install the Android app, then voila! You're connected to your home PC from your Android device. This approach works well for me when I'm out in the field and have a support desk call. I can just remotely connect to the customer's PC from my phone and fix the issue. :)