Windows Live email

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by jsl, Jun 23, 2010.

1. jsl

jsl New Member

Jun 22, 2010
    Hi everyone - I recently got my moto droid phone. Anyone know how to get windows live email updates and notifications? I tried adding the pop and smtp addresses listed in this website elsewhere but to no avail. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    thx.

Advertisement

2. bugger

bugger Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2010
    Florida
    I set mine up and have had no problems what so ever. I entered my name and password and that's all that i was required to do.

3. anthgav

anthgav Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Darlington, UK
    These settings work fine for me, my SMTP server port works on 587 not 25 but try both and see which works for you
    • POP (incoming) server: pop3.live.com
    • POP port: 995
    • POP SSL required: yes
    • POP user name: your complete Windows Live Hotmail address (including "@hotmail.com", "@live.com", etc.)
    • POP password: your Windows Live Hotmail password
    • SMTP (outgoing) server: smtp.live.com
    • SMTP port: 25
      • If you run into problems sending mail, try "587" for the SMTP port instead.
    • SMTP SSL required: yes
    • SMTP authentication: yes
    • SMTP user name: your full Windows Live Hotmail email address
    • SMTP password: your Windows Live Hotmail password

StuPoole likes this.
  4. StuPoole

StuPoole Member

Aug 4, 2011
    Pot Washer/Secondary School Student
    SE, England
    The first part worked great, but i couldn't get the sending to work on either port, Btw im running swedish spring on the ZTE blade,

ps. there isnt a box for smtp authentication,,, which i believe ther needs to be ?

5. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Yes, you do need to be able to enable SMTP authentication.

However, you can also set up your account with ActiveSync.

6. Rpatray

Rpatray New Member

Apr 26, 2013
    2013 update! Download Mail droid and set up your email account like you set up windows live mail. Works great!

7. robinch

robinch Member

May 5, 2013
    Female
    Self employed property manager
    Springfield, MO
    I agree! MailDroid is a really good and easy to use app! I have tried many, but couldn't find one that worked correctly. I love MailDroid. Use it for my two hotmail accounts on my Samsung Galaxy Prevail.

8. robinch

robinch Member

May 5, 2013
    Female
    Self employed property manager
    Springfield, MO
    My only problem now is finding a way to sync my Hotmail calendar events. I really need this, because I use Windows Live Mail and prefer the Hotmail calendars.

I'd like to have a separate calendar app to do this, but so far the ones I've downloaded are not enabling Hotmail calendar. When I went to check my settings, for some reason my Samsung Galaxy Prevail is only allowing google accounts to be added (in the "Settings" > "Accounts & Sync" )

Anybody have an idea how to get my Hotmail calendar events to my Droid?

9. doc1964

doc1964 Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2010
    Male
    Scotland
    I have posted the following response in reply to a couple of similar queries on different threads. Hope that if it helps then anyone searching for similar query will find it,
    I use Gemini calendar on my S3. When I go into settings on it, there is an option to set which calendar you use, this includes Hotmail. I don't use the Hotmail calendar myself so cant confirm if it syncs everything for you, but may be worth a try. Good luck.

OK, got the chance to test it and it seems to work OK. I went into Gemini calendar and then in preferences when asked for what calendar to use, I deselected my google calendar and chose Hotmail. Went into Hotmail calendar on my pc. added an entry and a few minutes later it appeared on the calendar on my S3 homescreen. It did take a few minutes whereas google entries appear a lot quicker, but it worked. One thing to add though and I noticed this difference when updating my wifes galaxy note the other day. When I went into her account settings on the note, it showed Hotmail as account. When I go into accounts on my S3 it shows as Microsoft exchange active sync, so this might have something to do with it. The link here How do I Set Up Microsoft