Windows Live Messenger...signing off?

Last Updated:

1. tomemail

tomemail Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey Guys and Gals...

I wonder if anyone is having the same issues I am with Windows Live Messenger?

My company and all employees with computers or smartphones uses this as a constant communication tool.

On BlackBerry it works really well. If you lose signal and re-gain it, it will auto sign back in.

With the Hero, it works fine initially but then after an unknown amount of inactivity, it signs out or whatever. When this happens, it does not sign itself back in until you do it manually or soft reset.

Very annoying problem since everyone at the office reminds me that my "little green man" isn't working.

Any experiance on this?

p.s. I do use Advanced Task Killer (paid version). It auto kills selected apps. I have the IM clients on my ignore list. Is there another thing/part it may be killing that signs it off?

Thank You

Advertisement
  2. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

i use all of them, AOL, MSN and Yahoo.

They all time out save Yahoo which still stays active.

i only have google talk installed on my phone that extra. so yes thats the same behaviour i have.. if its important to you then perhaps you may look into a 3rd party program and since you use it for the job let them pay for it...

3. pdragon

pdragon Well-Known Member

Not aware of any but the easiest way to test would be to turn off the auto-task killer and see if it still disconnects you.

I'd really advise against an auto-task killer as well. I've been seeing nothing but problems resulting from them.

4. tomemail

tomemail Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I tried the Hi MSN Beta and it was worse than the stock sms app as far as never sleeping. My awake time was 100% while using it with no options that I could find to change it.

Do you know of a good one that can be purchased?

The advanced task killer only shows programs to close. It doesn't allow you to stop non-program things like some of the other ones do.