• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Windows messenger apps

master_yoda

Android Enthusiast
Jun 17, 2010
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm a new HTC Desire user and was wondering if any of you could recommend the best app to use for Windows live messenger.

I was going to download meebo from the market, but just before installing I read a warning that the app could prevent the phone from sleeping. Obviously this would then cause the battery to die faster, which is a concern for me.

Does Meebo actually prevent the phone from sleeping? I want a decent messenger app that closes when I log out of my windows live messenger account and doesnt prevent the phone from sleeping and run down the battery.

Cheers

I got the MSN talk app.

It actually got a 'sleep' settings and I think it actually will solve most of your problems. It keeps you logged in and you can quickly access it in the notification bar.
It had a recent update and it is said that it improves the battery.

I didn't try any other apps for windows live msn so i can't comment on other apps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones