Windows mobile emulator (pre-win7) for android, preferably droidx

1. drdolittlerwc

drdolittlerwc New Member

I've looked around and know that this subject has come up before (and I'm not looking to run android on windows mobile). I was hoping to see if there was any new info out there (most of the discussion is about a year old). I would like to run an app that can only be use on Windows mobile pocket pc 2003 or later but not win7.

Any bites?

Advertisement
  2. angelo2727

angelo2727 New Member

I am looking for wm (any version) to run on Android phone (dell Streak)
    do you have found any?
    thanks
  3. philnick

philnick Member

Help! I'm a prisoner of Windows Mobile (not to be confused with Windows Phone, which is a new OS that doesn't run WinMo applications and is the newest walled-garden on the block).

I've used WinMo it since it was called Pocket PC a decade ago - before the inclusion of a telephone - and there are a few applications that I use daily that run only under WinMo, including Pocket Quicken, PC Anywhere Mobile, and a few music players. Pocket Quicken's developer, Landware, has actually been cut off from future development by Intuit, which has not deigned to release - or let anyone else release - newer pocket clients, so I'm also trapped in an old version of desktop Quicken!

I've just gotten my fiancee a Droid 2 Global and am very impressed with it - but without these crucial apps, I can't switch - so availability of a WinMo emulator on an android phone to run these apps would allow me to desert the sinking ship of Windows Mobile, which has been abandoned by Microsoft in favor of its effort to copy all the mistakes of the first iPhone.

WinMo was what Android is: an open system that anyone could develop and sell apps for without permission from the OS proprietor. If a migration path was made available, many of us old WinMo users would move to Android in a minute. Just give us a way to run old WinMo apps on an Android phone!