Windows XP SP 3 DriversSupport

1. louca001

louca001 Member

Hi everyone and thanks in advance for any help received.

I'm having a bit of trouble with my Wildfire S and Windows drivers.

I've downloaded and installed the HTC Sync V3.3.17 but half way through I got the following error:

"The installation of HTC Driver Installer 4.0.0.009 appears to have failed. Do you want to continue the installation?"

This has happened on my XP laptop, 7 laptop, Vista Desktop, 2008 Server and my 7 desktop.

Whenever I plug my Wildfire S into the XP laptop I'm getting the "Found New Hardware" message. I'm clicking "Install the software automatically" option but after a few minutes it comes back and says no software was found.

Anyone got any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. olbriar

olbriar Moderator Moderator

You shouldn't need the sync software unless you are actually wanting to sync drives of phone and pc. If you are just wanting to access your phone's folders and files from your pc simply plug the phone in using the usb cable and use your local browser. You will find the phone's accessible drive and sd drive below your local drives.. and should be listed as removable disk this or that. You can then copy/move files from one device to the other. I hope this helps.
  3. MarkO_

MarkO_ Member

I have v4.0.0.009 USB drivers installed on Windows 7 Home Premium, but not on Windows XP SP3.

Let me try installing them and posting my results...

If all else fails, possible slightly older USB drivers will work. I have Installers for HTC Sync v3.2.20 and v3.3.10 with possibly different USB drivers..
  4. MarkO_

MarkO_ Member

I did get most of the HTC Driver Installer 4.0.0.009 to install. It would not install some parts related to Browsing the Phone, because of a dependency on Windows Media Player 11 ( I appear to have WMP 9 Installed ).

The base USB drivers did install, and after a reboot, the new USB drivers are active.

I would expect you have Corrupted Drivers. Download HTC Sync or just the HTCDriver_4.0.0.009_20121107.exe again.
  5. michael987

michael987 New Member

I had the same problem it failed when the drivers would not install, I found an answer on the HTC Forum, "htc drivers 4.0.0.009 wont install". I had to install an older version of HTC Drivers, the link in the above forum was dead, so I downloaded the driver from the 4shared site, search for "HTCDriver3.0.0.007". This installed OK, I then following the rest of the solution, my Wildfire S connects without a problem now. I hope this helps.
  6. saud678

saud678 Member

i have driver installed and i cant connect my phone to pc , i get explanation mark at top and i get a G drive but when i open it its empty , and and when i check its properties it has 0 byter place , plz help .
    i just got my phone today,
    its disk drive mode on , and usb debugging is also on ..
    plz plz plz help me :(
  7. CafeKampuchia

CafeKampuchia Well-Known Member

Saudi, how did you install the driver?
  8. Caro332

Caro332 Well-Known Member

Try using a a different laptop which has either xp or windows 8. I hear windows 7 gives quite a lot of problem when it comes to the WFS
  9. andynich

andynich New Member

Hi. Late input to his thread but if you are having trouble with the HTC driver installer refusing to play ball, take a look at this post:
    forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2126036

(This is my first post so not allowed to make that a link - I'm sure you can manage!)

If HTC Sync is doing its "pre-install" where it is meant to be intalling drivers and then says "Driver installation seems to have failed" then you can get round it by manually installing drivers. At least this worked on my Vista machine so I think the process is worth a try on other platforms!

From that other linked thread, download and unzip the relevant zip file for your windows version. Make a note where you unzipped it!

Attach your phone by USB and tell it to connect to HTC Sync. Windows will try to automatically install. After a while searching Windows update it will ask you what to do. Continue and tell it that you will find the drivers manually (The "advanced" option - wooooo). Browse to your unzipped driver files folder and say OK.

The actual installation of the drivers took quite a while for me but DID eventually come up with the "device installed" message. NOW if you start up HTC sync, it finds the device. You may need to disconnect/reconnect but it should be OK.

Hope this helps!!!