1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Windstream Email Setup?Support

1. dropped720s

dropped720s New Member

I am having an issue setting up windstream email on a droid. IT keeps saying unable to open connection sever. Can anyone help. Thanks

Advertisement
  2. syntrix

syntrix Well-Known Member

3. dropped720s

dropped720s New Member

When I enter the user name and password it says checking incoming mail server, then after about 20 sec it says. Unable to open connection to server.
  4. syntrix

Is there a setup option to "leave messages on server"? If you have a lot of email, it might take a while to download.

I might play with setting up a pop account just I know how this works.

Looks like from their support page, you have to use FQDN with user name, so username@windstream.net

If all else fails, maybe call their support and see if they can help?
  5. syntrix

colnago posted this up and it reminded me of another way, even as a test:

Mail Fetcher - Gmail Help

Basically you sync with your gmail account, but have gmail use pop3 to get your windstream email.

Did you figure this out yet?
  6. confused

confused New Member

I called verizon and they were unable to figure it out so I continued to play around with it. It took me a long time to figure it out but what worked for me is below: (do manual setup) after you input the incoming server info and hit done....it will ask for the outgoing server info.

incoming server was a pop3 account
    type: pop.windstream.net
    port: 110
    outgoing server was smtp server
    type: smtp.windstream.net
    port: 25
  7. krisbrown2000

krisbrown2000 New Member

Thank you very much!!! I have always struggled to get the email set up on my phones and today, I could find everything but the port #25.
  8. dlgRN

dlgRN New Member

Thanks for the detailed instructions, I needed them to add my account!