WinMo Convert

Last Updated:

1. tsgeek

tsgeek Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all,

I'm a recent (~ 3 weeks) convert to Android on the LG Ally, coming from a little over a year on Windows Mobile. It felt like a lot longer than a year with my Samsung Omnia. We had a love-hate relationship. The Omnia could do a lot, and I became a serious flash-o-holic; but the hardware just kept breaking down. I was on my 5th possible replacement when I decided to switch to the Ally instead. I got a lot out of the Omnia forums on Modaco, and spend a lot of time hanging out around xdadevelopers as well. I'm glad I found this forum, as its helped me a lot already.

So far I really like the Ally! I wish it had more internal storage, but that's my only beef at this point. For a $50 device, I knew I was not getting the optimal Android experience, but I already love it. So many things just work. On Windows, yo could get many of the same functions to work (voice guided navigation, geo-caching, etc.) but they all required serious workarounds and, in some cases, re-engineering. Now I'm not against tinkering :D, and I'm looking forward to playing with the Ally.

And, of course, can't wait for Froyo!

Advertisement
  2. PaulMcCartney

PaulMcCartney Well-Known Member

Hi there!

Welcome to AF! We hope you enjoy your stay. :)

3. HTC-Fandroid

HTC-Fandroid Well-Known Member

Hi mate and Welcome aboard. :)

HTC-F

4. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

Welcome to the Android Forums!