• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Wintouch 8650 upgrade ROM

cs8650

Lurker
Aug 10, 2011
Hi,

I have a Wintouch wondermedia 8650 8" tablet. It has green LED normally, red when charging, vibrates when starts. Android 2.2, kernel 2.6.32, build 1.2.3. It has green LED normally, and red when charging.

Today when I launch Youtube it crashed. After that I tried to boot it, it won't: stuck with the android bot opening screen. I tried pressing the reset button next to the mic, it just turns off.:thinking:

UPDATE: now it works:D, but I am still wondering if I should try upgrading it to improve performance

i have the 80$ "Epad 7" GOOGLE Android 2.2 WiFi Camera MID Tablet PC 3G" Stuck"
i write the supplyer :
it's stuck in boot with android screen
what to do
how to reset
what i should do

thank you
yours Ashraf sharkeia

He Answerd :
dear friend
pls don't worry , the side of the epad has a small hole , pls use a pin to press it !and we can dowload new software 8650 to upgrade it , the web is Crashzilla Flytouch 2 and Android Tablet Support Page !
pls try it !
many thanks !
yours ellen

Upvote 0
Hi,

I have a Wintouch wondermedia 8650 8" tablet. It has green LED normally, red when charging, vibrates when starts. Android 2.2, kernel 2.6.32, build 1.2.3. It has green LED normally, and red when charging.

Today when I launch Youtube it crashed. After that I tried to boot it, it won't: stuck with the android bot opening screen. I tried pressing the reset button next to the mic, it just turns off.:thinking:

UPDATE: now it works:D, but I am still wondering if I should try upgrading it to improve performance

Hi,

I have exactly same problem.
How did you get it to work?

Upvote 0
after my best regards

any one have tried a firmware for wintouch Q96 as the firmware from factory site didn't work

I used livesuite program but it failed saying this device doesn't need upgrade

also I tried an image (in zip format ) through recovery mode but it also failed
(after starting installation a while it stops saying signature failed )

the problem of my tablet lies in internal memory (first partition) it reads zero and the tablet refuse to install the most of applications saying there is no space and also it forgets all user configerations as soon as it is swichted off

have any one has a suitable firmware or has any idea for solving this problem
(I read it can be solved through command shell as the tablet is now rooted but I don't know how)

I'm very thankful in advance

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones