• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [WIP] [THEME] Mario'D

mariodsig.png

cyanogen.png

Mario'D v0.5 <---- LINK HERE

Install instructions: (Really, is this need anymore? Hehe...)

I recommend installing a fresh CM 6.0.0 RC3 ROM (since you do not need to wipe) Then install theme using RomManager as always. No clue if it works on SPRecovery, I haven't tested. If you phone explodes, let me know, I may have screwed up. If your phone causes death, uhhh... my bad.

Changelog v 0.5
[Mostly icons / notifications]
Browser
CarHomeLauncher
Contacts
DeskClock
Development
Email
Facebook
Gallery3D
GenieWidget
Gmail
googlevoice
Maps
MMS
Music
Settings
SpareParts
Talk
Twitter
Vending
[Framework]

framework-res.apk (pulldown, status bar, couple other edits)

mariobig.png

mariobig2.png

I think the this could be a really nice theme when finished! Polished with a black notification bar, and maybe more specific icons for the paired applications. I'm interested already!

The browser icon really makes me think of bowser for some reason.. not sure if that's what you were going for with the icon but it would be cool lol.

Upvote 0
I like it and then I don't :p

I absolutely love the Clock/Car Home/Facebook icons they fit very well. The E-mail being the fireball for a notification is a fantastic idea it looks great.

I'm a bit weary on some of the icons and feel that you could make them fit in a little bit better. The icons you have for 'Gmail' and for 'Messaging' are the ones that I can mostly see. More or less they seem like you're using them as filler icons currently hopefully with a future intent of changing.

I love your work though so I will be following this one. I'd actually love to learn how the theming process goes as I think I could dish out some solid items.

Keep up the solid work.

Upvote 0
I POSTED THIS IN ANOTHER DISCUSSION

My thoughts:

GMAIL = Fire Mario
Music = Mario Breakdancing
Gallery = Mario Characters Filmstrip
MMS = Green [MMS ICON] Yoshi
Places = Bowser Flag
Facebook = Blue Mushroom Face
Twitter = Flying Turtle
Browser = Mario browsing out from rock
Dev Tool and Spare Parts = Wind up thingys...
Settings = Wizard
EMAIL - Pipe with envelope and @
Voice = Ghost, resembled the icon
GTalk = meh, it was white, so it fit (about only random one I put in for icon so far)
Car Launcher = Mario Kart
Genie Widget = Cloud spike thrower thing.

GMAIL Notification = Fireball (from Fire Mario)
USB Debugging - Flower
EMAIL - Pipe with flower
USB - Big Block dude... (only thing close to USB looking)
SMS - Green Yoshi Head
MMS - Red Yoshi Head

The only other "random" thing in, is the voicemail notification. The spiky turtle.

Other than that, I could have had this done in 10 minutes if I just wanted to throw icons on there. It may not seem like I had a care in the wind, but there was a thought process to my madness.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones