• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [wip] what can be flashed through recovery

I was wondering if this in-call volume fix (which is for the Galaxy S2) that makes the calls louder could potentially be used for this phone, does anyone know?

I am a newb when it comes to this - but maybe we can take parts from it and see if it works?

EDIT: Btw - I tried the GPS fix zip before and it didn't work. I tried 2 different ones and they both gave me errors. No brick though.

EDIT2: (Gotta love edits) - I remember also (before I made the account) I had trouble installing the 4.2 keyboard from the .apk - And the link in the first post is dead so I used this one: http://ftp.qbking77.com/Files/android42_keyboard_signed.zip

Ac!d mod actually does that already, it increases volume for media and in-call volume.

Did you use the GPS fix while on bobz cm10.1?

The 4.2 keyboard was discussed and a new link was added leading to the package. I tested it on my connect running both gingerbread and jb with no issue, tested on my gtab 2 and it lead to me losing my navigation bar when on landscape. When trying it with my motion I photocopied, before I remembered I didn't wipe dalvik.

Reactions: Friendly Llama
Upvote 0
Ac!d mod actually does that already, it increases volume for media and in-call volume.

The 4.2 keyboard was discussed and a new link was added leading to the package. I tested it on my connect running both gingerbread and jb with no issue, tested on my gtab 2 and it lead to me losing my navigation bar when on landscape. When trying it with my motion I photocopied, before I remembered I didn't wipe dalvik.

Ac!d mod does that? I'll try it and hopefully it works nicely.

And yes - I tested the GPS fix in bobz rom - the latest (5/21) version.
I tried bot the Google Specific No-SSL v3.1 and the Google Specific v3.1 that were in the XDA thread.

And as for the 4.2 keyboard I tried the other link you provided but it was giving me errors setting it up so I just used the Nexus' 4.2 keyboard from some website and it worked. And after flashing bobz's rom I used the one I listed. Both worked

Thank a lot for pointing me to the Ac!d mod. I'll try it now.

EDIT:
I was reading through some previous posts and I want to just make sure - you only to flash AOSP2 for Ac!d to work and then fix the permissions in terminal - correct?
Because I seen one user (forgot his name, sorry) who said it didn't change anything. I just want to make sure before I jump into it.

Upvote 0
is it possible to remove the files that we flash?

It's completely possible. The best way to do this is to make a backup of anything that you will be overwriting BEFORE you flash. (Backups are your friend. I've learned the hard way.)
Since each flashable file does something different, it would be a different removal process for each mod. Although you could always factory reset or use the unbrick method.

If you know what you want to remove, ask about that. If you only ask general questions, you only get general answers. :)

Upvote 0

If I'm on Bobz CM10 ROM which Ac!d mod do I flash AOSP1, AOSP2, or AOSP3 (all says 2802)?

I'm guessing AOSP3, but don't want to brick as I currently have no backup :afraid:

Upvote 0
Did you mount the system as r/w before you used terminal? Also use a different equalizer, the noozoxide equalizer on ac!d mods page also makes an incredible difference.

Its been said before though, beats/beats audio and amazing beats don't do much towards the sound

Oh... It works now. The noozy equalizer apk works and is much nicer. I took it off auto update on Google play cause the current version doesn't work.

Upvote 0
(I tried to post this in the 'all things root guide' but it's closed and I couldn't pm it to the author, so I'm hoping it could help here.)

just a thought- I've owned and rooted 4 android devices so I don't really consider myself a total noob, but then again, I had never run into a device with a locked bootloader, the magic of Loki, the added responsibility of 2nd init, the FFUKKINMOVEONALREADY! OK, I ran into trouble when I unknowingly tried to use 2nd init recovery apk while on cm10 and had to unbrick. I've seen where a few others have done the same. Maybe there should be some kind of note /notice in the recovery section of the op? Just sayin'... Might save a few headaches.

Upvote 0
(I tried to post this in the 'all things root guide' but it's closed and I couldn't pm it to the author, so I'm hoping it could help here.)

just a thought- I've owned and rooted 4 android devices so I don't really consider myself a total noob, but then again, I had never run into a device with a locked bootloader, the magic of Loki, the added responsibility of 2nd init, the FFUKKINMOVEONALREADY! OK, I ran into trouble when I unknowingly tried to use 2nd init recovery apk while on cm10 and had to unbrick. I've seen where a few others have done the same. Maybe there should be some kind of note /notice in the recovery section of the op? Just sayin'... Might save a few headaches.

That's why you ask before you do. Most custom ROMs already have a recovery image built in. We used the 2nd init because the STOCK firmware was locked. Using the 2nd init mod on a custom ROM is like flashing a gingerbread tweak package on kitkat. It just won't work.

So again, do some research on the topic before doing. If there is no topic then ask someone. 4/5 problems can be easily solved by asking another member. :3

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones