Wipe all data for new ROM?

Last Updated:

1. dfine06

dfine06 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok so tonight i installed the new smoked glass 4.5. To do so i had to restore all defaultes including all my apps. Do i have to this everytime i flash a new rom? I read for other phone you have to. is this the case for the moto too? Its kinda annoying haha.

Advertisement
  2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

No, you don't it depends on what you are doing and how you are doing it.

Generally, moving from 2.0.x to other 2.0.x ROMs you don't haveto, and moving from 2.1-based ROMs to other is hit and miss- it depends upon the ROM. Some allow you to just update, and some require a wipe.

For posterity's sake, though, I tend to wipe every time now, just to be safe, unless I am updating to a new version of a ROM I already have installed. Much more time consuming, but much safer that way.

3. dfine06

great thanks! im still new to all this so ive been askinga ton of questions but you all are great help!

4. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

I was where you are now just at 2 months ago....

Ask away, this community is top notch for answering you - but stay patient, sometimes it may take a while.

5. dfine06

yea i have to say i was super nevrous to root but i read so much all around and i still have questions! This place is super helpful!