• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Wipe ext part?

BSH

May 1, 2010
Loading a new ROM for the first time. The directions say "wipe SD ext part" but when I go through the wipe options in the recovery, I don't even see that as an option. I did the data/factory reset wipe, I did the Dalvik-cache - but the only other options under "wipe" are battery stats & rotate settings. Am I missing something? Or is this not an issue for me because I've never partitioned my SD?
Thanks.

Maybe I've answered my own question. I never bothered with apps2sd or cache2sd. So I've never partitioned. So I don't have an ext partition. So I don't need to worry, right? If I don't bother using the *2sd features, I can still use the new ROM anyway, right?

BTW, I'm flashing xtrSENSE.

Upvote 0
I used Amon's recovery, trackball not required.

I rooted using the Universal Eris Root for Dummies method on this forum. Great guide.
Thanks.

BSH,

Sorry 'bout that...when I built the "trackball-not-required" version of the alternate recovery, the 1.6.2 source of the recovery.c program did not have the Partition sdcard options in it [imagine I'm Han Solo (or Lando Calrissian) saying "Its not my fault" when the hyperdrive wouldn't work ;)].

So, I built a new version called "trackball-optional" from a different source branch (1.7.1) that did include the Partition sdcard options in it.

Check-out the "Note / Edit: 20-November-2010" section in alternate recovery thread http://androidforums.com/eris-all-t...2-custom-recovery-trackball-not-required.html for the full details.

Sounds like you don't actually need it, though.

Cheers!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones