• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wipe SD:ext partition

If you haven't partitioned your SD card, you will get this error message.

This will result in a reformatted sd card right? reason im asking is because i tried flashing zenhero rom on my phone but i kept getting a force close by google apps. Dont know why, then i see he asks you to wipe your ext, maybe that was causing it to crash? But my phone wouldnt let me wipe it, kept giving me that error.

Upvote 0
This will result in a reformatted sd card right? reason im asking is because i tried flashing zenhero rom on my phone but i kept getting a force close by google apps. Dont know why, then i see he asks you to wipe your ext, maybe that was causing it to crash? But my phone wouldnt let me wipe it, kept giving me that error.

Yes, partitioning your SD card will reformat it, and delete anything that is on it. You can move your files off to a computer before doing this.

Upvote 0
Partitoning your card will result in reformatting your card. The only reason you would need to partition your sd card is to use a2sd.

Wiping the ext does not reformat your card. Wiping the extension would only wipe the partitioned portion of the card (where a2sd is stored).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones