• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Wiped my phone.. Cant fix it

MrSweet1019

Lurker
Aug 23, 2012
I don't know much about Androids, so if you could be patient with my lack of knowledge, that would be killer.

I bought this Samsung 4G LTE from a friend, once I wiped it clean, it took me to a red loading screen, and will NOT get passed it.

So I did the whole, hold down volume up, power, and home. I tried the factory reset, and 10% of the time I do this, it will take me to the 'Begin Using Android Screen' where I pick the languange, etc.. Then it will error, and take me to the main screen where there are zero tasks running. If I plug it into my computer, Windows will not recognize the device.

Then I tried putting my SD card in another phone, I put on there what seemed to be an Update.zip for my phone. When I try and install it from the BIOS, it aborts somewhere between 0-25%.

Currently, I have made it far enough into my phone where I have my gmail set up, but I am all out of moves that I am aware of..

Quite a read, thanks for your patience.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones