Wiped my phone.. Cant fix it

Last Updated:

1. MrSweet1019

MrSweet1019 New Member

I don't know much about Androids, so if you could be patient with my lack of knowledge, that would be killer.

I bought this Samsung 4G LTE from a friend, once I wiped it clean, it took me to a red loading screen, and will NOT get passed it.

So I did the whole, hold down volume up, power, and home. I tried the factory reset, and 10% of the time I do this, it will take me to the 'Begin Using Android Screen' where I pick the languange, etc.. Then it will error, and take me to the main screen where there are zero tasks running. If I plug it into my computer, Windows will not recognize the device.

Then I tried putting my SD card in another phone, I put on there what seemed to be an Update.zip for my phone. When I try and install it from the BIOS, it aborts somewhere between 0-25%.

Currently, I have made it far enough into my phone where I have my gmail set up, but I am all out of moves that I am aware of..

Quite a read, thanks for your patience.

2. Xtensageorge

Xtensageorge Member

Need more information.

How did you "wipe it clean"? Can you share the procedure you used?

Are you rooted or attempting to use a custom ROM? Or are you using stock ROM unrooted?

What error are you getting after you set up gmail?
  3. kraisydave

kraisydave Well-Known Member

What phone is it? Android is very specific between phones. You do not want to mix them up. Only follow directions for your specific model.