Wiped phone... Misc Paid Apps Gone!!

Last Updated:

1. OnlyOnePersonS

OnlyOnePersonS Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all,

I hope I'm posting this in the right spot, since Cellular South doesn't have a dedicated forum. I searched the archives, I couldn't find anything.

Today, I took my phone into the CSouth store because I've been having trouble with alarms not going off at random and the vibrate function doesn't work. After checking all of my settings the guy told me that he'd have to do a total wipe. I asked about the my paid apps and was told that they should come back up since they are linked to my Google Account. I've reset my phone before and I have my info backed up. So I agreed. Turned out, I need a new phone. I'm getting the warranty replacement in a couple of days.

That is not the problem, but rather it seems the start of another problem. Ever since it was wiped at the store. I'm having the following difficulties, in addition the ones I already have.

1. I cannot install any app from the market. Free or paid. Why is this and can I fix it. I need to re-download Astro, if nothing else.

2. Some of my paid apps are not showing up in "My Downloads" and when I do a market search I cannot find them... TerraTime Pro, Moon Phase Pro, Grocery King, and one of the Pure Calender widgets (I have both) are a few examples.

I really have no desire to pay again for apps that I've already paid for. One of my concerns is that I will have this issue on the new phone. Is there anything I can do to get these apps back?

Tammi U.
    P.S. HTC Hero 1.6. I also don't have root access. Never did.

Advertisement
  2. ronbien

ronbien Well-Known Member

Did you create your Google account the same as the original? The Apps are tied to the account, not the phone.
    Good Luck!

3. OnlyOnePersonS

OnlyOnePersonS Member This Topic's Starter

After reading this, I decided to go back and do a factory reset. Seemed redundant since the guy at the store basically did the same thing. But, I figured I didn't have anything to lose. Now everything is working fine. Have no idea what happened. Glad to know my stuff that I paid for will still be there when I get the new phone. Thank you.

Tammi U.

4. Guitardoc64

Guitardoc64 Well-Known Member

If he did a wipe and just booted from there it may have caused the problem. I made the same mistake after rooting.