Wiping All Personal Data (iPhone)

1. lordofthereef

lordofthereef Well-Known Member

I know this isn't android, but I moved over the the big green robot and found a buyer for the iPhone 4. Was hoping this could stay here at least until I get an answer.

I am on iOS 4.0 and the buyer wants it that way, As you know, Apple is no longer signing this firmware so I cannot just do a clean restore. I want to remove personal data (cleared the address book and mail manually). There are some remnants, such as the appstore that still has my personal data. It requires a password to get anywhere, but my email is still there. Not a huge deal, but ideally I would like to reset it so that the new buyer can manage it himself. Any help would be great!

Advertisement
  2. marefin

marefin Well-Known Member

Can't you do a factory reset from the Settings menu?
  3. lordofthereef

I guess there was an erase all content and settings option. All I had to do was look! LOL

Thanks!!!
  4. lordofthereef

Hmmm... well now the phone is booting to the Apple logo and just hangs there :/
  5. souphtc

souphtc New Member

From that point you have to connect it to itunes then the screen should come up.
  6. lordofthereef

Right, but it is looking like I need to do a full restore, which was exactly what I was trying to avoid since I can't keep it on 4.0 this way... :(