Wiping Droid XSupport

Last Updated:

1. psoulos

psoulos Active Member This Topic's Starter

How do I wipe my phone? I just got my replacement today and I want to wipe the defective unit before I return it. Can I wipe the SD card at the same time?

Thanks

Edit: I also just noticed that while Backup Assistant synced my contacts names, it did not sync anything else. So I just have a lot of empty contacts

Edit2: Well the phone I'm returning can't access the network now so I won't be able to sync anyways. Is there a way to grab the contacts folder from the phone and place it into my new one?

Advertisement
  2. Doctorsti

Doctorsti Active Member

I'm a little shocked by the shear number of people on this board who are getting replacement phones because of flaws. I too am waiting on Droid X2 but there are plenty on Droid X3 or even X4.

I am bumping the thread as I would like to know as well how to most effectively transfer my contacts and such. Ending up with a phone full of empty contact names would tick me off.

3. Paycer

Paycer Well-Known Member

Take your phone to a local Verizon retailer and have an employee there transfer the data for you. That is the easiest, and most likely quickest, way of doing this. They have the necessary tools right at hand, and each employee there at the counters probably do the process at least once a day each. Let them do the work for you. It's their job. :)

4. esn

esn Well-Known Member

As soon as you log in your Gmail address in your new X all of your contacts will appear. If you had appbrain installed on your old phone it will help you install your apps on the new device.

To wipe your old X go to settings,privacy,then factory reset!