Wiping/Restarting My Droid?

Last Updated:

1. PatKitKat

PatKitKat Member This Topic's Starter

My phone has been getting tons of FC and has now been freezing randomly.

I reset all it's stuff using the retsart and X function.

I now have to reactivate my phone (1:47am so i assume i gotta wait a bit) Cause it wont let me right now, i'm assuming their offices closed.

After i activate my phone n such, what is a good ROM or link showing me the best root? I don't wanna have to do this again lol.

Advertisement
  2. copestag

copestag Well-Known Member

I'll move this to the Droid root section so youll get more answers from people familiar with this specific model

3. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!! VIP Member

I highly suggest using the fix permissions in ROM Manager. I'm not sure if you have to have the premium version, but I haven't had a single FC since I ran that script.

I suggest Ultimate Droid 8: BlackdroidMod -> Download Manager -> Motorola Droid -> Ultimate Droid Froyo eXtreme 8.0.0 - Motorola Droid or Bugless Beast 0.5: Peter Alfonso for your ROM options. BB0.5 is in ROM Manager, but UD8 is not.

Easiest way to root is to check out this sticky: http://androidforums.com/droid-all-...e-updated-september-18th-2010-9-38pm-cst.html and check out the second and fourth threads in the Root section. The fourth link is a process that simply automates the process used in the second link.

Good luck.

Kratos

4. PatKitKat

PatKitKat Member This Topic's Starter

I'll go with the first mentioned rom i guess but..

my phone after it activates is now Syncing icon and its FROZE.

Nothing i do will unfreeze it other than taking out battery and putting it back in. WTF i do? Lol