Wired (boom) headset - Xperia Mini ProTips

Last Updated:

1. Terry1100

Terry1100 Well-Known Member

Hi All

Just got my Xperia Mini Pro - and loving it.

But I am not a fan of bluetooth - I like my headset to be physically plugged in to the phone - and I like a boom.

Unfortunately, my current headset is incompatible

Research tells me that iPhone, Blackberry (I think mine is this type) and HTC are different - but what is the Xperia Mini Pro - which type do I want.

Even a confirmed pinout to allow me to make one would be helpfull.

Better yet, does anyone know of a wired boom headset (or adaptor cable) that is definitely compatible with the Xperia Mini Pro. If there was a genuine SE model I would buy it without hesitation.

TIA

Terry

Advertisement
  2. Terry1100

Terry1100 Well-Known Member

Answering my own question.

IT appears that the Sony uses OMTP type pinouts which is the same as Nokia (and Samsung) but NOT the same as iPod/iPhone, HTC and Blackberry which use CTIA pinouts.

Don't make the assumption that a "Smartphone adaptor" will work - it wont.

Until I find the right headset buddy to allow me to use a PC (2x3.5mm) headset, the Nokia AD-53 adaptor should do the trick

FURTHER UPDATE

The Nokia AD-53 should allow the use of an Xbox headset. I'll confirm that shortly.

FURTHER FURTHER UPDATE

The Nokia AD-53 is the solution of choice. It is neat, high quality and wroks well with a 2.5mm headset. It allows a wide choice of headsets including XBox. The "Headset Buddy" (and it's StarTech.com equivalent) DO NOT work on the Mini Pro