Wired headset/micGeneral

Last Updated:

1. varaonaid

varaonaid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,

I'm wondering if I can use a wired headset and mic with the DI? I already have one and the voice to text would be great with a wired mic. I'm sure it can do BT but then there's the extra battery it would use and I don't have a BT headset.

What do you think? Will it work?

Thanks so much!

Advertisement
  2. JDubs

JDubs Active Member

I was wondering that same thing and also if it would be able to use an external battery powered microphone for recording. If anyone could test these things, I would definitely appreciate it!

3. varaonaid

Yeah, if anyone has any info on this that would be awesome. I'd love to be able to use a wired earphone/headset/mic to do longer dictation and to be able to listen to music, then answer the phone without a bunch of fumbling. I'd love to know if it would work! :) Can't really see that it won't since it seems pretty standard across Blackberry, iPhone etc.

4. ncsustash

ncsustash Well-Known Member

seems logical....let's go with that.

5. varaonaid

OK, didi a google search hoping to get a hit. Found a review from PCMag that makes a statement that leads me to believe that it must be capable of using one. Here's the link:

Droid Incredible by HTC (Verizon Wireless) - Full Review - Reviews by PC Magazine

Here's the paragraph that I was referring to:

The phone worked easily with an Aliph Jawbone Icon ($99, ) Bluetooth headset. The one real sour note in voice calling was that there's no way to activate or use voice dialing over a Bluetooth headset; it only works over the phone itself or a wired headset. Battery life, at 5 hours and 49 minutes of talk time, was on par with other top smartphones. Just like with a Motorola Droid or iPhone 3GS, I found that if I started at 7 a.m. and used the phone's Internet features frequently, the phone's battery was struggling by about 7 p.m.; if you need better battery life, you have to get a BlackBerry.

So...making the logical conclusion from that statement, I'd say that wired headset/mic combos would work. Agree??

PS Though that statement sounded negative, the overall review was extremely positive. :)

6. varaonaid

OK, a little more confirmation after some more digging. I went to the launch packet and looked up some of the wired headsets that they offer as DI accessories. Then looked them up on the VZW website to try to get more info. One of the options (not that I'd purchase this exact pair mind you...) is Verizon's set here:

Enter your location

This is the exact model featured in the launch packet and confirms that it's stereo headset and in-line mic...nice. Now, I don't see why we couldn't do voice search, and other speech to text features via a wired mic but hopefully someone can confirm. At least it's looking good for the wired setup. :)