Wired headsetsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. bottlecap

bottlecap Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

New Mexico is a hands free state. My BT headset is dead, (poor jawbone), so I wanted to pickup a wired headset for my Eris. I've been doing some googling but am not coming up with much. I checked Verizon accessories webpage and am not thrilled with any offerings that I see from them...

Help?

Advertisement
  2. jkrobbins

jkrobbins New Member

I got mine at staples for $19 and love it. Came with different adaptors for diff apps. I did not need any of them for the droid tho.

3. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

Any headset with a mic and 3.5mm jack will work. You may want to try all the wireless stores in your area. I currently use the headset that came with my blackberry for listening to music and they work great for calls too.

4. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

The apple iPhone earbuds with inline mic work just fine, I understand. (I have some but just haven't had them plugged in when I get a call.)

5. bottlecap

bottlecap Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

OOOO I think I have my blackberry headset still, thanks :)

6. falltime

falltime Well-Known Member

I have the apple headset with mic - but the mic isnt working - is that normal - anyone know???

7. droidforever

droidforever New Member

That definitely isn't normal. I actually just bought an Apple stereo headset & mic combo (wired handsfree set) for my Motorola Droid, and I can tell you that it works.

8. superchaos

superchaos Well-Known Member

I bought a cheapo mic / earbud set for about $4. I removed the junk earbuds and soldered on some of the skullcandy earbuds. Works great.

9. rick311

rick311 Well-Known Member

it might work with the moto droid, but it doesnt work with the Eris for some reason. luckily i have the griffin tunebuds as a back up. although the sound quality is much better with the iphone earbuds.

10. KyleBlowers

KyleBlowers Active Member

I posted this question in a different thread, but here seems more appropriate:

Having similar issues as OP. I commute through parts of NY so I can't use the handset, BUT rather than spending the $$ to get a new earpiece, I'm intrigued by the idea of using Eris' speakerphone in conjunction with the fm transmitter i use for my mp3 player in the car (it's a headphone jack).

Ideally it'd be great, but there doesn't appear to be an option to turn the speakerphone ON when headphones are plugged in. Any work arounds or apps for this??

11. jodaboda

jodaboda Well-Known Member

Just a note-- Not ANY will work. It should be compatible with headsets that work on iphones, but not ones made for Nokia (the ground and mic wires are reversed, so you won't get microphone if you use a headset made for Nokia).

12. Mark16q

Mark16q Well-Known Member

just purchased a blackberry curve wired headset on ebay for $4 new in bag. tested a friends first and it works quite well. I hate the wires, but not comfortable with any blue tooth I've tried and can't afford to try 'em all...

13. trav473

trav473 Well-Known Member

Kyleblowers

I have done this the same way you are talking about, no need to turn on speaker phone, with a head set plugged in, all the sound goes through whatever is plugged in, works great with an FM transmitter, only problem is you have to hold the phone close to you so the mic will pick up what you say.

14. KyleBlowers

KyleBlowers Active Member

Excellent! I just tried that out, and it works dandy, but I'd actually need the speakerphone mic functioning to make my setup handsfree.

Is there an app or something that could turn ON the speakerphone mic with audio going out the headphone jack?

15. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

Good to know. I always knew Nokia liked to make things different, but I didn't know they went THAT far.