Im using pda net on 2.2 it still works

XOS THW likes this.
  3. Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

yes but costs 30 to use https and that just sux

4. YODANADANE

YODANADANE Member

Hope this helps??

I updated my Evo to the Froyo 2.2 on the 29th and lost my wireless tether/unrevoked3 so I stayed up most of the night messing with it trying to get any tether without the $30 fee from Sprint.

After a few hours I finally got the USB Tether to work. I first went to Mobile Apps and Games for Blackberry, Windows Mobile, Android, Symbian, and Palm | Handango and purchase an app called Tether Plus for $6.99 one-time fee, dragged it onto my SD card via usb disk drive and install. Make sure to have Unknown Sources checked in your application settings so that this app will install. Follow the direction it gives you because you have to go to a link on your computer the download driver and .exe file. Unfortunately this will only work for computer that are 32-bit and lower. I have Windows 7, 64-bit.

Sooooo, I searched and searched and found a computer driver for an app called Easy Tether (didn't buy this one because it cost just a hair more $9.99, there's a free version but I found that it didn't load a lot of websites like https) which has both the 32-bit and 64-bit and downloaded the 64-bit...taa daa...it works. Here's the link Download EasyTether drivers

All you do after all of this is...open up the Launch tetherplus.exe on your computer...connect your Evo via USB and check Charge Only....right click on your tetherplus icon in your taskbar which actually says TP...and click connect via android (HT077HL03713). The #s in the parenthesis maybe different per each phone...not sure.

Anyways...there you have it. I am online now using my Tether Plus App through the USB charge only on my EVO and it's hella fast!! BTW...my USB tether is working and I do see the 3G on...I don't have 4G in my area.

ed33433 and GirlGoneGeek like this.
  5. parousia15

parousia15 Member

netarchy release his new fps fix for 2.2. (over at xda) Wifi tethering works when you flash this. I am using omj's 2.2 ROM, which comes with the wireless tether app preinstalled.

6. Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

7. Rob_A

Rob_A Well-Known Member

Wired tethering with unrooted 2.2 still gives me error 67. Haven't tried 3rd party software yet.

8. 81_

81_ Banned

anybody get it to work with htc sync? this is a fairly important feature to me, and i'd be willing to stay 2.1 if this doesn't work.

9. swg

swg Member

10. NicksGarage

NicksGarage Well-Known Member

I was using EasyTether before the update (paid version, $9.99) and it still works afterward.

I don't see any advantage of PDAnet over EasyTether.

11. pwnst*r

pwnst*r Well-Known Member

Are you SURE you guys aren't being charged by Sprint? I'd definitely go this route if not.

12. TambourineMan

TambourineMan Well-Known Member

Does EasyTether wired USB do HTTPS on the EVO

Does it do Bluetooth?

13. LordDelmar

LordDelmar Active Member

I cqn confirm that PDANet is not causing any extra charges on my bill. The wife is living in another city right now and I set her up with PDANet on her EVO. Thus far since the EVO was released she has used around 5-7 GB of data each month and not a penny of added charges beyond the $10 EVO charge.

Though, still trying to figure out how she can used that much data when all she does is facebook and chat on alt....

This month will be the test, she begged me for access to the Netflix account...

Also, PDANet offers SMS intercept. Allows you to send and receive text messages on the computer and it seems to not disconnect you from the net like it normally would. I have to admit, chatting on the PC via text messages is pretty convenient.

14. 81_

81_ Banned

15. NicksGarage

NicksGarage Well-Known Member

I've never paid Sprint for tethering. Did it for almost 2 years with my previous phone as well.

The paid version of EasyTether does HTTPS, the free one does not.

16. 81_

81_ Banned

What a bunch of crap that they disabled it. ****ers

17. 81_

81_ Banned

so anyways, i grabbed pdanet (trial version) and i'm now up and running although the speeds are pretty crappy

[​IMG]

although, i do suspect, sprint is running slow right now due to everyone upgrading. ( i hope that is why)

18. 81_

81_ Banned

not sure why, but i can't get easy tether to work. it will connect, and maybe load one page, but that's about all it does

19. ericshmerick

ericshmerick Well-Known Member

20. kimmied2000

kimmied2000 Active Member

Make sure you're not going to secure sites (https)...the free version does not work on those.

21. 81_

81_ Banned

androidforums doesn't load.

pdanet works as it's suppose to. jsut with it was faster. the modem icon pops up in the icon tray with only a 2.4meg connection

22. kimmied2000

kimmied2000 Active Member

a little off topic, but...

Have you tried Zipwhip through Sprint? It allows you to send and receive text messages on the computer, too.

Zipwhip

23. The Monsoon

The Monsoon Member

Any wired tether options that don't require an app on the computer? I'd be willing to pay upwards of $50 on each phone as a one time fee to bypass the computer needing a program on it too....I have a cradlepoint which I plug my phone into directly and then it has ethernet out which I would plug into my router and replace DSL....

24. The Monsoon

The Monsoon Member

When I plug my phone into the cradlepoint and select 'Internet Sharing' instead of charge only and so on it gives error 67....if I were to root are there ways around that?

25. jaime2563

jaime2563 Member