• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wirefly 5-7 day shipping?

cartisdm

Android Enthusiast
Jul 11, 2010
Charlotte, NC
What's the deal with Wirefly? I just came across them this morning and saw I can get a Droid Incredible shipped in 5-7 days AND $50 cheaper than I spent at Verizon. Verizon isn't shipping my DINC until Aug 9. Should I cancel that order and go with Wirefly?

(FYI I'm doing an upgrade/contract extension)

EDIT: What about from Amazon? Does anyone know how long it is before they ship it out? They are still the $199 price but am familiar with that company so the extra $50 might be worth it.

I've bought 2 phones through firefly including my Droid. Shipping was immediate. My price was $175.00 cheaper than Verizon. I'd highly recommend them. I too bought mine for a contract extension. The whole process was nearly transparent.

What about things like adding insurance? Am I losing any features by using a 3rd party company? Will there be any hassle cancelling my Verizon order?

Upvote 0
Well, I went ahead and cancelled the order from Verizon. They said I have to wait 48 hours before I can order from a 3rd-party company. I also asked the guy about insurance and he said I can add it either through the 3rd-party company or by Verizon as long as it's within 30 days (and it's a brand new phone).

I'm still curious, has anyone else placed orders from Wirefly - especially for the DINC?

Upvote 0
I have. What exactly is your concern?

I just saw one post on this forum about someone saying "STAY AWAY FROM WIREFLY" blah blah. They posted a link to a site with like 500+ complaints. I just wanted to see if it was a concern or not, I feel like most any company will have a bunch of unhappy customers but I don't wanna be scammed.

I've never ordered from a 3rd party company. You don't get screwed anywhere do you? Obviously I don't want any plan changes, just another 2-year contract and my phone!

Upvote 0
I've ordered 2 incredibles with amazon wireless. I'll share my experience with them. both with free 2 day shipping

My first dinc was ordered June 13, shipped June 25. No issues other than not being able to activate right out of the box, I had to call a customer care number first. The customer care number was only active on weekdays, 8a-5p.

My second dinc was ordered July 5, Shipped July 7, arrived July 9. I was really surprised at this one as they gave an estimate of 3 weeks initially. It arrived, again no problems at all.

Upvote 0
Somehow I missed that forum post. I had no problem with Wirefly other than they screwed up my number port from AT&T. A quick call to the Verizon Wireless Port Center resolved the problem right away.

I would recommend Wirefly as long you also be proactive and verify your transaction. I would say the same for Verizon as well though too.

I just saw one post on this forum about someone saying "STAY AWAY FROM WIREFLY" blah blah. They posted a link to a site with like 500+ complaints. I just wanted to see if it was a concern or not, I feel like most any company will have a bunch of unhappy customers but I don't wanna be scammed.

Upvote 0
Somehow I missed that forum post. I had no problem with Wirefly other than they screwed up my number port from AT&T.

It was an older post, I had to do a search for Wirefly. That's good to hear you liked them. I am going to call them tonight to see if they can go ahead and process my order even though Verizon told me I needed to wait 48hrs before ordering my phone again (since I just cancelled it). We'll see what happens. Wirefly is $50 cheaper plus I'm saving tax too!

Upvote 0
It was an older post, I had to do a search for Wirefly. That's good to hear you liked them. I am going to call them tonight to see if they can go ahead and process my order even though Verizon told me I needed to wait 48hrs before ordering my phone again (since I just cancelled it). We'll see what happens. Wirefly is $50 cheaper plus I'm saving tax too!
Hey, cartisdm,
Glad to hear you're buying from us. If you have any questions/concerns, let me know. I've forwarded your question about the 48-hour wait to our activations team. I'll post an answer as soon as I hear back.

We do our best to monitor and respond to forum postings between 9 am and 9 pm EST.

Thanks,
WireflyJeff

Upvote 0
Hey, cartisdm,
Glad to hear you're buying from us. If you have any questions/concerns, let me know. I've forwarded your question about the 48-hour wait to our activations team. I'll post an answer as soon as I hear back.

We do our best to monitor and respond to forum postings between 9 am and 9 pm EST.

Thanks,
WireflyJeff
Hey, catisdm,
The 48-hour wait is a carrier restriction we cannot circumvent. When we process your order, we will receive notification from the carrier that your account is not eligible for an upgrade.

For the best experience, I would wait the full 48 hours until you place your order with us.

Hope this helped,
Wirefly Jeff

Upvote 0
Dont believe it! I originally ordered my Inc from them. Ordered on a Monday, they gave me a shipping date of Friday. Before i ordered i even called to make sure that they would have them that day because the wait from VZW was like 3-5 weeks. They said they would have them, so i placed the ordered. On Friday i got an email from them saying it had pushed back, well it was pushed back to match up with VZW ship date. Then i just happened to go to Amazon and they had them listed as In Stock-Shipping. I placed my order, cancelled my Wirefly order, and had it the next day with Free Shipping. Keep your eyes on Amazon, they seem to be getting a lot of them.

Upvote 0
Hey, catisdm,
The 48-hour wait is a carrier restriction we cannot circumvent. When we process your order, we will receive notification from the carrier that your account is not eligible for an upgrade.

For the best experience, I would wait the full 48 hours until you place your order with us.

Hope this helped,
Wirefly Jeff

Hey Jeff,

I appreciate you popping in; unfortunately I checked back in here too late! I just got off the phone with them after placing my order. Everything seemed to clear okay, but hopefully they don't hit a hiccup with Verizon :(

The sales guy, Daniel, was very helpful and not as "pushy" as I was expecting him to be when it came to selling additional packages. I did end up doing the insurance package through them instead of Verizon because it's actually cheaper (you just have to pay upfront). Unfortunately, we got disconnected at the end when I was thanking him but if you have any way of passing along my appreciation then that'd be great! ;)

Everyone else,

I'll report back when I get the phone with how it all went!

Upvote 0
The order came in this morning!!! There was no "5-7 day wait period." They shipped it out the next morning and I got it at 11am today! Fantastic experience from start to end with Wirefly. I can't even express how happy I am that I saved so much money, got the phone quicker, and just overall great service.

Anyone out there not wanting to do the long wait with Verizon, go with Wirefly. Or for that matter, go with them anyway - it's cheaper!!

Thanks everyone!!!

Upvote 0
I would not use wirefly's free shipping though.
wirefly shipped out my phone the same day via FedEx.
They claim it was 5 to 7 day free shipping.
After the ETA of 8 days they changed the ETA to 10 days and still said ON Time, lol
Then they handed it off to usps, at least I know I will get in in a timely manner via usps.
Wirefly should change their shipping to usps or UPS.
Other than the SLOW shipping it's been ok so far just havent got my phone yet!
If I would have known it was going to take 10-13 days I would have paid for faster shipping!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones