Wirefly Activation IssuesSupport

Last Updated:

1. amitanandj

amitanandj Member This Topic's Starter

So I ordered my EPIC 4G from Wirefly. Am switching from AT&T. Can't handle their crazy policies. My phone arrived yesterday but it's not been activated yet.
    Wirefly says it might take upto 5 days for the number to get ported. Can I just walk into a SPRINT store and expedite the process. Please share your experiences with me.

Advertisement
  2. ajpoen

ajpoen New Member

I experienced the same situation. Fortunately, the number porting process is 5 days from the day on your receipt, which is usually a day or two after you receive your device. It was mind numbing having to wait for my number to port, but it was worth it in the end... I love my Epic :D

3. amitanandj

As you said, hopefully the porting is done withing a few days and I can start using my Epic. It's very frustrating just waiting for the activation process. I can't wait to root my phone and then try the different ROM's that are available from the excellent dev community here.
    Any recommendations in terms of ROM's for a newbie. Personally I went through the thread on the Epic Experience and was very impressed by the feedback there.

4. taylormah

taylormah Well-Known Member

amitanandj, can you please post what is the build dates for your device and battery which you received from Wirefly? Phone's build date would be posted under the battery, and battery's build date would be printed on itself. Just want to know if wirefly is keeping current with the phone builds or they are still getting rid of their older stock.

5. amitanandj

Will do as soon as I get back from work. Since Phone was not working I didn't take it to work with me. I did turn the wifi on yesterday and I got the last 2 OTA updates over air.
    Not sure if that helps.

6. Wirefly

Wirefly Well-Known Member

I have gotten confirmation from our activations manager that your phone is now active. Please let me know if there is anything else that I can do to be of assistance.
    -Kim

7. amitanandj

Yes my phone has been activated. Your help in expediting the process is much appreciated.
    Other than the brief issues with the activation of the phone I have been very impressed with the service from Wirefly.

8. taylormah

Can you get the OTA updates over wifi?? I thought it needs 3g connection. and sure, please do post the build dates once to get to the phone.

9. CrashGordon

CrashGordon Well-Known Member

I also thought OTA updates came over 3g. In fact, when wifi is on and you search for updates, the wifi indicator goes off.

10. taylormah

Still waiting on the build dates from OP !!! Or anyone else here got their Epic from wirefly this month, can you please post your build dates!!

11. amitanandj

Phone Build Date seems to be 10.08
    Battery - 2010.08.18

12. taylormah

thanks amitanandj!!!

13. totaldis

totaldis Well-Known Member

So I just received the Droid Incredible for my sister's replacement phone. Am I to understand I DON'T call *221 to activate? It just happens and I have to periodically check to see when my phone is active?

14. Wirefly

Call * 228 and process the OTA upgrade. Please let us know if you have any other questions that we can assist you with.
    -Kim

15. totaldis

totaldis Well-Known Member

Tried, it is giving me an error over the phone.
    It accepts the 10-digit number I'm calling from.
    Then the billing password.
    Then it says "Please have your order form with you..."
    "We are unable to activate at this time"

16. devinrs42

devinrs42 New Member

I received my epic and am porting from verizon, my phone is still not activated after having it for 24 hours
    Were you able to do anything to speed up the process with your epic?

17. Wirefly

Please PM me your order number and I will have our activations manager assist with activating your order. Thanks!

18. Wirefly

Please PM me your order number and I will have our activations manager assist with the activation and get this processed for you.
    -Kim