Wirefly Family Plan Upgrade

Last Updated:

1. mattickus

mattickus Member This Topic's Starter

I was thinking about ordering an EVO through Wirefly because of the $50 Bing Cashback. So I contacted Wirefly via email to ask why we can't upgrade just one line on a family plan through the website because I saw this in the fine print:

The response I got was not what I expected. Does anyone have any previous experience with their services or more insight into this issue than this representative?

Advertisement
  2. latinmaxima

latinmaxima Well-Known Member

The reason is Wirefly's system is powered by simplexity. There system only recognizes a family plan when two phones are on the order. When you call if your only upgrading the one line in a family plan, they create a dummy or ghost line and then it is removed once the order is accepted by the carrier. If you are upgrading at least two lines then your fine to order online. I did this with my moment and got a free phone for a third line. Now I have a back up phone for whoever in my family and I got my moment for $99 when it came out. It should work the same. If you run into an issue pm and I can have a friend check into it more.