Wirefly Phone Activation

1. Cali59

Cali59 Member

So I ordered my S3 from wirefly and I was wondering if anyone knows what the best activation method would be either *228 or online. And id like to stay on my 55$ unlimited plan if possble

Advertisement
  2. imSHAD

imSHAD Well-Known Member

When I got my s3 I called metro 1888 8metro8 and they eventually told me to call *228 but I didn't have to do anything. It automatically activated itself. It took 5mijs at most
  3. OcalaFlGuy

OcalaFlGuy Well-Known Member

I cannot verify this as fact but at least I pay attention in class. :D

Someone has posted here before that on-line, they only give you the CURRENT in force plans to choose from, of which, the $55 ain't one of.

I will probably try *228 myownsef with my new Spirit.

Bruce in Ocala, FL
  4. alfick3

alfick3 Well-Known Member

I think you might have it backwards: I tried to activate my wife's OM+ by doing *228 and it would only give me the current plans. I didn't try on-line. I ended up taking it into a store and they activated it and put her on the plan we had (which was a $50 unlimited plan brought down to $45 because of a family plan). Anyway, that's my experience.
  5. OcalaFlGuy

OcalaFlGuy Well-Known Member

Question posted to Metro's Faceplant page.

Standby. :D

Bruce in Ocala, FL

[EDIT] Here is the Faceplant response from Metro.
    MetroPCS Hi Bruce - Your phone change be changed from your My Account online (as long as you are not on a family plan) or you can make the change by dialing *228. As long as you are keeping your plan (not adding any other services), your Spirit can stay on your $55 promo plan. Hope this helps, KG
  6. LeeoJohnson

LeeoJohnson Well-Known Member

*Nevermind, you fixed it.
  7. mike28

mike28 Well-Known Member

Quick question guys does someone needs to open a new line if I want to purchase an s3 through wirefly? Or just upgrade?
  8. cubone

cubone Well-Known Member

To just get the actual phone, I believe not. Just put New Account and your good to go.

Like some people have said, make sure someone is home to pick it up.
    mike28 likes this.
  9. averagewonder

averagewonder Well-Known Member

Just buy one than do the activation over the phone when you get it
  10. Joshb101

Joshb101 Well-Known Member

Yeah that new activation stuff doesn't apply to Metro so you can just ignore it and buy the phone.
  11. mike28

mike28 Well-Known Member

Thanks guys for the replies my sister in law wants an s3 but she's already a metro customer so she will just purchase the phone and activate when she gets it also this phones are new right? Not refurbished
  12. cubone

cubone Well-Known Member

I believe they are new, unless they are really good con artists :D
    mike28 likes this.
  13. mike28

mike28 Well-Known Member

Lol I hear you
  14. averagewonder

averagewonder Well-Known Member

The ones I got from wire fly where brand new. Unless they are just fing amazing at refurbishing cell phones.
    mike28 likes this.
  15. Vyrus69

Vyrus69 Well-Known Member

Guess what, Wirefly now has the S3 back to $479 now..no more $399..ugh it was nice while it lasted
  16. SIKESR

SIKESR Active Member

DAMN!! guess i have to wait until it drops again, connect isnt keeping up anymore.
  17. Cali59

Cali59 Member

Thanks everyone for the responses! and I barely got mine in time before the price raise, crazy!