Wireless charger and caseTips

Last Updated: 2013-06-08 03:56:37
  1. bradyapba

bradyapba Well-Known Member

Is anyone getting one of the wireless charger kits? I realize you will have to change your battery door. Does this mean you cant have a protective case?

Anyone using one of these chargers yet?

Advertisement
  2. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

I completely fail to see the point of wireless charging.

Surely no-one is so lazy that they cannot be bothered to take literally 2 seconds to plug their charger in.
  3. Veritas4420

Veritas4420 Well-Known Member

Only positive I could see by wireless charging is less abuse on the USB port.
  4. jzebrahockey

jzebrahockey Well-Known Member

That's what she said
  5. bradyapba

bradyapba Well-Known Member

exactly. I need to use my phone when its charging a lot. The way I hold it, I am constantly putting pressure on the usb port, and its not comfortable. If I can just pick it up, and put it back down, that's a great feature for me.
  6. chris2k5

chris2k5 Well-Known Member

Exactly. The abuse around the charging port area is a big issue with the plastic on the S4. I know the S3 and Note 2 had similar problems with the silver trim getting roughed up quite a bit.
  7. cary328is

cary328is Well-Known Member

8. sorka

sorka Well-Known Member

My wife and I have it on our SIII's. We'll never go back. Nothing like being able to wake up in the middle of the night, pick the phone off the pad, check email or whatever, and then plop it back down without having to turn on the light and fiddle with a stupid cable when you're half asleep.
  9. sorka

sorka Well-Known Member

10. cary328is

cary328is Well-Known Member

11. fyrfyter612

fyrfyter612 Well-Known Member

Is there any wireless charging setup that will work with an Otterbox Defender installed??