wireless chargerTips

Last Updated:

1. Lineman69

Lineman69 Well-Known Member

will any wireless charger system work? eg "Powermat"

2. Thats

Thats That guy is This VIP Member

It needs to have the Qi wireless charging standard. If you Google that, you'll do quite well finding most. :)
  3. hstroph

hstroph Well-Known Member

Nowhere in the Nexus 4 literature does it state that Qi is the inductive charging standard employed, nor does the Qi compliance logo appear anywhere on the box, packaging or documentation that I can find.

Speculation is that Google is preferring the competing PMA (Power Matters Alliance) standard and has contractually coerced LG to use it in the Nexus 4 manufacture.

All rumor of course, except the lack of the Qi compliance logo and any "official" mention anywhere of it.

Attached Files:

4. SiempreTuna

SiempreTuna Well-Known Member

Here's a standard they should ALL comply with: price it under $15!

Can't believe they want 60 bucks for a CHARGER!
  5. revcraig

revcraig Member

The Powermat works fine. The Orb apparently sucks - phone slides off. Uh, duh!
  6. Monygg85

Monygg85 Well-Known Member

I got the orb as a gift and the phone started to slide off after 1-2 weeks. Huge pain obviously because it wouldnt charge at night. Eventually I cleaned the orb once or twice and every time from then on when I go to charge my phone I quickly wipe off the back of it (to get rid of oils from fingers) before I put it on the orb. It hasnt slid off as of now. Actually its pretty crazy how it holds on the charger now.
  7. john30308

john30308 Well-Known Member

I actually LIKE the orb. :) The only time I've had a problem with it is when my wife "dusted" it - ended up with fuzzy's and the phone wouldn't stick. I rinsed it off with clean water. Not a problem since. BTW, I have the official bumper but no case.
  8. revcraig

revcraig Member

Glad to hear my info was wrong.
  9. Zezrs

Zezrs Active Member

I have not had any problems with the orb. I got it three weeks ago and have not noticed any issues with the phone sliding off.

In fact, I can put the phone on the orb and turn it completely upside down and it still sticks.

I also have an extreme guard screen protector on the back so maybe that is why it sticks like glue.
  10. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

I love my Orbs too. Once in awhile I'll lick my thumb and wipe off some dust so it's sticker, yes I know that's gross, but ah well.