• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

wireless charging, all about

Leob

Sep 9, 2016
Is there a difference between Fast and Regular wireless charging?
Is there any disadvantage to Fast wireless charging?
What are the official Samsung catalog numbers for Fast and Regular?
What is the best 3rd party vendor product for Fast and Regular wireless chargers?
Is the 3rd party product as fast etc?
Would the Note7 work on these S7edge wireless chargers?
Any 3rd party products to avoid?
Any other considerations?
Weblinks appreciated as helpful.
Thanks.

Last edited:
It's obviously faster to recharge your battery this way.

It can make the battery displace more warmth as your fast charging. The phone will feel warmer.

I did buy one online and am now refunding it as it's a fake. I bought the fast charging stand and it has no fan in it when it should and it'll only charge normally.

I'm now buying one from Samsung directly. Stay away from eBay and Amazon ones that has a price that looks to be too good to be true. Read reviews.

I have a standard charging pad for my bedroom and want a fast charger for my living room.

Some say you can hear the fan so not so good for the bedroom.

As far as I'm aware it's the same charging specs so yes they should charge OK on the same pad / charging stand.

You'll need to use an original Samsung fast adaptive charger cord in my opinion to get fast charging through the pad or stand.

Upvote 0
Which component or components determine fast wired charging - the plug-in-adaptor-charger and/or the cable(usb-to-microusb)??
Is there a difference between Fast and Regular wired charging?
Is there any disadvantage to Fast wired charging?
What are the official Samsung catalog numbers for Fast and Regular?
What is the best 3rd party vendor product for Fast and Regular wired chargers?
Is the 3rd party product as fast etc?
Any 3rd party products to avoid?
Any other considerations?
Weblinks appreciated as helpful.
Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones