• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wireless charging on GS3

Funny you say that, the port on my HTC Desire has just started playing up :/

Same thing happened to mine. It got to the point where I could only use the USB if I applied upward pressure to the plug inserted into the phone. I thought it was irreparable.

Then I tried a different cable and it works perfectly. A friend who also owns a desire had the same problem and when I advised him to try a new cable, he also discovered it worked perfectly.

Try a new microUSB cable. :)

Upvote 0
Save your money people.

You need to leave the phone on a mat, which is plugged into your outlet. There is no such thing as "wireless" charging. The biggest downside of this so-called wireless charging is you can't lay on your bed or couch AND use the phone for gaming, internet, email because it needs to lay on the mat, whereas with a micro usb plugged in you can hold it in your hands, do whatever you wish as long as you're near an outlet. Maybe in the year 2020 :D or unless Putin comes out with an atomic powered smartphone lol. Pass. See the concept below...

Samsung Wireless Charger - YouTube

Upvote 0
Save your money people.

You need to leave the phone on a mat, which is plugged into your outlet. There is no such thing as "wireless" charging. The biggest downside of this so-called wireless charging is you can't lay on your bed or couch AND use the phone for gaming, internet, email because it needs to lay on the mat, whereas with a micro usb plugged in you can hold it in your hands, do whatever you wish as long as you're near an outlet. Maybe in the year 2020 :D or unless Putin comes out with an atomic powered smartphone lol. Pass. See the concept below...

True, but a desktop dock and car dock without having to "plug" it into the dock would be nice and save wear and tear. I.e. docking in my desk and car have I have to place it in just right, sometimes twice or three stabs at my desktop dock. I constantly remove and dock nightly at the desktop dock while using it as an alarm. I'd think just setting it in a wireless charging dock would be nice.

Upvote 0
Save your money people.

You need to leave the phone on a mat, which is plugged into your outlet. There is no such thing as "wireless" charging. The biggest downside of this so-called wireless charging is you can't lay on your bed or couch AND use the phone for gaming, internet, email because it needs to lay on the mat, whereas with a micro usb plugged in you can hold it in your hands, do whatever you wish as long as you're near an outlet. Maybe in the year 2020

Considering I use inductive charging for my HP Touchpad and the mouse on my iMac, I can tell you that wireless charging is awesome and not having to buy batteries for my wireless mouse is great.

But I just set my devices on their matt at the end of the day and they charge overnight. Or if I am just lounging in my bed or working at my desk, I charge my devices.

Not constantly having to plug and unplug is just so nice and def worth the money imo, especially since you don't have to worry about damaging your micro-usb port.

Upvote 0
Cool depending on size I think I might try to have 2 or three of them just so when I put my phone down like in my car or on my desk at work it is charging. I like to keep my screen on full bright and my phone makes it through the day but when LTE goes live in my area I have a feeling this might be a problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones