1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Tips wireless charging

1. danlaw777

danlaw777 Well-Known Member

Do you? is it worth it? any recommendations on which 1 to use?

Advertisement
  2. larrykay

larrykay Member

Highly recommended...
    I used it with my S3, and now my S5.
    Never plug in a USB cable ever again!
  3. nicholb

nicholb Well-Known Member

OEM back, Tylt Vu charger, iOttie car dock. All work great together. Love no having to deal with the USB cover or cords.
  4. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Well-Known Member

The stock S5 back cover, just add this Qi charger.

Cheap price, works great, and it comes with the charging pad!

I have not used the USB port to charge the phone since about May 1st.

Just one tiny thing to do, place a small piece of business card or thick paper over the charging contacts. About 3/8" by 1/2" and make sure you don't overlay the rubber gasket. Took me about 15 seconds to add that on, never had a problem since.

Why? because the charger's contacts are just a tiny bit too shallow to make solid contact. But the paper overlay does the trick. And I saved a LOT OF MONEY.

* Qi Standard Wireless Charger kit 'mine' for $18.99 and includes the Charger Pad
  5. MikeC01

MikeC01 Active Member

I just got the Samsung replacement back with the wireless charging feature. I had an HTC Droid DNA before this which had the feature built in and I really enjoyed the convenience of it.

The new back is definitely thicker than the original one. Personally, I found the phone a little too thin and flimsy feeling before. With the new back it feels much more solid and has a little more heft to it.

I've only charged it wireless once so far, but I used my Nokia charging pad that I bought with my DNA. I definitely noticed the S5 does not get anywhere near as hot as the DNA did when charging.
  6. Timbo141

Timbo141 Member

Works great!
    I also have the OEM wireless charging back and feel the same way.
    I use the Belkin Air to protect it.
    I have the Samsung charging pad next to the bed and one in the living room.
  7. nicholb

nicholb Well-Known Member

I agree, the extra thickness of the OEM back does make the phone easier to hold onto.