Wireless DHCP giving me wrong addressSupport

Last Updated:

1. murphyrulez

murphyrulez Member

I've had my 3D for 3 days. It was working fine on wireless last night, then when I woke up this morning I couldn't load anything on the wireless router. I went to 3G and it worked, so I looked at my settings. In advanced it shows that the DHCP address I am getting assigned is, the router is handing out 192.168.1.xxx addresses. I have 2 wireless routers, and no matter which I connect to, it says my IP is

I have put in a static IP of and it works fine. Why would DHCP not be pulling down the right IP? I logged into the router, and when I connect it shows my android MAC address in the DHCP table, gives it an IP of - but then after a minute the android disappears from the DHCP table. The phone never shows the .25 address....

Very confusing.

2. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

Have you done the whole 'turn off, yank the battery, wait a minute, retry' thing, yet?
    marctronixx likes this.
  3. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Also recommend getting WiFi Analyzer, free in the Market.

You could be in channel conflict with a neighbor running an open network subnetted to 192.168.0.

In that case, the analyzer will show the free channels for your situation - set your router to an explicitly free channel and you'll find your network improving overall due to fewer traffic collisions and less interference.
    marctronixx likes this.