• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wireless DHCP giving me wrong address

I've had my 3D for 3 days. It was working fine on wireless last night, then when I woke up this morning I couldn't load anything on the wireless router. I went to 3G and it worked, so I looked at my settings. In advanced it shows that the DHCP address I am getting assigned is 192.168.0.100, the router is handing out 192.168.1.xxx addresses. I have 2 wireless routers, and no matter which I connect to, it says my IP is 192.168.0.100...

I have put in a static IP of 192.168.1.123 and it works fine. Why would DHCP not be pulling down the right IP? I logged into the router, and when I connect it shows my android MAC address in the DHCP table, gives it an IP of 192.168.1.25 - but then after a minute the android disappears from the DHCP table. The phone never shows the .25 address....

Very confusing.

I've had my 3D for 3 days. It was working fine on wireless last night, then when I woke up this morning I couldn't load anything on the wireless router. I went to 3G and it worked, so I looked at my settings. In advanced it shows that the DHCP address I am getting assigned is 192.168.0.100, the router is handing out 192.168.1.xxx addresses. I have 2 wireless routers, and no matter which I connect to, it says my IP is 192.168.0.100...

I have put in a static IP of 192.168.1.123 and it works fine. Why would DHCP not be pulling down the right IP? I logged into the router, and when I connect it shows my android MAC address in the DHCP table, gives it an IP of 192.168.1.25 - but then after a minute the android disappears from the DHCP table. The phone never shows the .25 address....

Very confusing.

Have you done the whole 'turn off, yank the battery, wait a minute, retry' thing, yet?

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
Also recommend getting WiFi Analyzer, free in the Market.

You could be in channel conflict with a neighbor running an open network subnetted to 192.168.0.

In that case, the analyzer will show the free channels for your situation - set your router to an explicitly free channel and you'll find your network improving overall due to fewer traffic collisions and less interference.

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones