Wireless PrintingSupport

1. IDAHOBuck

IDAHOBuck Member

Ok I have question that is that the Iphone 4 is getting a upgrade to 4.2 and it will have wireless printing in the upgrade. And from my understanding that you can send a doc. or a pic to your wireless printer from any where. So I see that there is a android app call HP Iprint photo will it work on android 2.1 and when the official 2.2 come out will it work as will and can it do what the Iphone can do or will there be something better.

Advertisement
    :
  2. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

I'm going this is in the 2.2 update
  3. jeremytanner

jeremytanner Well-Known Member

I've been using PrinterShare Premium for a while, it works flawlessly with wireless network printers.
  4. s.m.knipe

s.m.knipe Well-Known Member

Try Printershare...
    [table][tr][td][​IMG][/td][td]PrinterShare™ Droid Print
    by Mobile Dynamix
    >250,000 downloads, 3871 ratings (3.8 avg)
    [/td][td]Free
    [​IMG][/td][/tr][/table]
    [​IMG]
    I think it has to go through a computer though...
    Some of the FTP apps might enable printing if the printer has FTP support...
  5. IDAHOBuck

IDAHOBuck Member

Thank you for the info
  6. PJG

PJG Member

7. Dennis_Bham

Dennis_Bham Well-Known Member

The free version prints thru their servers (called remote printers in the app). Create a free account on their system from your pc and select remote printer from the app. Then log into your free account from the phone with your assigned numerical user ID and the password you selected.

You can then print free from your phone (wifi or 3g) via their servers thru your internet connected PC's attached printers. It takes a minute or so for the print job to be sent to their server and then back to your printer.

The paid version can print locally via Wifi to a PC to its connected printers or directly to a wifi or bluetooth printer on your local network.
  8. tdrew

tdrew Member

One more important note. PrinterShare is not compatible with ALL wireless printers for direct-to-printer printing. Test the free version before buying the paid version.
  9. s.m.knipe

s.m.knipe Well-Known Member

Very true! always test first... I have the free version set up but I haven't tested it yet...
  10. johnmac1

johnmac1 Guest

Yes, test the free versions as free versions doesn't have all the features. I have used the free version of the same and all the features are not working. You need to buy that as free versions could not tell everything.
  11. Tre Lawrence

Tre Lawrence Well-Known Member

Would it work with, say, Docs2Go.
  12. BookLover

BookLover Well-Known Member

It seems to if the doc is a PDF or Googledocs, yes. Just installed a new wireless printer yesterday. I cannot tell you how psyched I am to be able to print from both my laptop and phone wirelessly. Magic!!!