Wireless Repeater feedback please

1. JAy3001

JAy3001 Well-Known Member

Advertisement
  2. andruoid

andruoid Well-Known Member

Repeaters are great if needed. I'm in a 3 story home as well, the router is on the 3rd floor and reaches throughout the house without a repeater.

My cable is 100Mb and the router is 300N (300Mb) so I have a long way to go before the router is the bottleneck.
    JAy3001 likes this.
  3. JAy3001

JAy3001 Well-Known Member

Looks like it will be a good purchase then. Having an Ethernet port will be handy too. :)
  4. Mayhem

Mayhem Well-Known Member Contributor

I have a WNDR3300 router with a WN2000RPT repeater, both by Netgear. Not only is the repeater a godsend, but it also has four additional ports and still works as a repeater despite having a computer plugged into it.
    johnlgalt, 350X and JAy3001 like this.
  5. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

I've got the WNDR4500 along with the WN2000RPT - like another user posted in another thread in these forums, be carefully - the WN2000RPTs are notorious for dropping connections - he went through 2 before getting one that is rock solid. I'm about to get my first one replaced....
  6. Mayhem

Mayhem Well-Known Member Contributor

Yeah, 3rd time was a charm for me.
  7. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ~Shoveling Snow~ Moderator

I stumbled across this thread as I am here for other reasons. Just figured I'd chime in. For areas in your yard / house where you want access but don't need full bandwidth, you can load a custom OS on an old router and use it as a repeater. I do this for my back yard / shed where I am not necessarily streaming netflix, but maybe music or looking up info on whatever yard toy (ahem tool) is acting up.
  8. Remeniz

Remeniz Well-Known Member

I'm trying to configure a Netgear WNR2000 as a repeater with the Virgin Media Superhub.... Nightmare.

The Superhub is missing the repeater settings in its firmware.
  9. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

I did not have to configure the repeater in my router - I set the repeater to access the router as yet another device. I think that when I tried to set up the repeater in the router (some sort of repeater switch) it would not work.

When I set the repeater up as just another device, it connected flawlessly, and other than random, mysterious drops, it works fine. I still haven't replaced it yet....