Wireless Router

Last Updated:

1. bugger

bugger Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am looking at purchasing a wireless router so when I am home, my phone will connect, giving me better signal (my signal at my house is not the best). I will be connecting 2 mytouch3g slides to it.
    I am completely clueless as to what kind of router do I need. What should I be looking for in a router? Is there a specific type so I can have 2 phones linked to it?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Just get a Wireless G router. You can connect a lot of devices to them. Don't get duped by the salesmen to get a Wireless N router, you dont need that kind of speed for the phone, and the phone doesnt even support it.

3. Gren

Gren Active Member

N will give better range but agree you don't need it. Do make sure you get the right type - cable or ADSL. One has a modem in the other does not.

Android phone : Tapatalk enabled

4. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

You don't need a cable or ADSL router/modem.

You can pick up your run of the mill Linksys(best IMO) router, and follow simple instructions on disabling DHCP on the modem, and using the router to distribute the internet signal. This is known as router cascading. You can hook up many routers this way.