Wireless tether and tablet

1. mrmooney

mrmooney Well-Known Member

Is there any way to use wireless tether for root users or barnacle tether for use with a tablet? I just picked up a Galaxy tab 2 and it wont see the phone. I have been searching and finding nothing tablet is rooted but its running ICS everything i can find is for 2.3.5

Advertisement
    :
  2. PattF

PattF Guest

I use the yellow one with my tablet on trips quite often.
  3. mrmooney

Ya can't that one to work, I can get it to see it but won't connect.
  4. alsaces daddy

alsaces daddy Well-Known Member

Have you tried barnacle?
  5. uknow

uknow Well-Known Member

It want be long and u want have to have anything to hot spot tether to computers,tablets,cell phone and more we are working on the fix all full have to do is unhide the warps hidden tethering setting when were done
  6. mrmooney

7. mrmooney

think the issue is the phone tethers adhoc which is fine for computer but not tablet correct?
    Will the hidden menu allow phone to tether in infrastructure mode?
  8. alsaces daddy

That's what uknow was talking about. They are in the process of trying to get that to work.
  9. uknow

uknow Well-Known Member

I've personly tethered my phone to a Samsung galaxy 2,3,Droid razor and another warp also computer Xbox 360 and more but were working on it when its done it will be released
  10. uknow

uknow Well-Known Member

Correct
  11. mrmooney

Oh gotcha, sweet any idea when it will be released.
  12. uknow

uknow Well-Known Member

not sure right now its up in the air
  13. smartmanvartan

smartmanvartan Well-Known Member Contributor

soon my friends soon...
  14. mrmooney

Yeah I know people hate when thats asked, Just really want to be able to tether it to the tablet. Anyone have any other ideas as to what might work ive done lots of searching and tried pdanet and bluetooth with no luck.
  15. mrmooney

Tried foxfi also but it keeps freezing my phone for some reason.
  16. downthemachine

downthemachine Developer Incognito VIP Member

If someone could please! Put a guide together for what works and what doesn't work, along with apps and their appropriate links to Google play, I will be eternally greatful!
    We seem to have alot of these wifi tether threads and, no clear cut guide to help!
  17. smartmanvartan

ok I might have a fix for wifi tether... who here is running shins rom?

ad-hoc will always have connection issues...
  18. mrmooney

I could switch Roms if that would do it?
  19. smartmanvartan

ok Well I'm working on two things among other things.. I'm with public mobile in Canada and our rom despite being labeled b07 is newer than the b08c... the flashlight fix came from it and our tether menu works perfectly for both usb and wifi tether... of coarse the menu has to be unlocked like in shins rom but once thats done it works like a dream in infrastructure... none of the ad-hoc headaches... I have a rom (Voltron OC) out in beta phase but its a stable beta and when it's installed on boost phone the only bug that seems to come up is mms because of the different settings between our service providers. So I'm trying to pull the wifi hotspot from my rom and make it into a flashable for b08c boost roms and I'm also trying to pull the mms settings from boost and put it into a flashable for my rom so that boost users can just use this rom... So the question is can you live without mms for the moment?
  20. mrmooney

Does having wifi say at home have anything to do with sending mms messages?
  21. smartmanvartan

I'm just saying that mms does not work if you install the Voltron OC...but three Wi-Fi tether will work perfectly...
  22. alsaces daddy

A lot of us are having MMS issues anyway. Lol
    smartmanvartan likes this.