• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Wireless tether app won't quit

Ferris23

Jul 23, 2010
I rooted my phone with the one click app, side loaded the wireless tether app in and it works fine for tethering. The problem is when I choose to stop tethering the app says it's in an unknown state and to restart my phone.

Tethering still works fine but when I click stop tethering I can still see the beacon name on my client device. Also when I try and force stop it, I can't, it's still running. The only way to really kill it is to reboot the phone.

If I am not giving enough info I apologize and will give more if needed.

Thanks

What version did you find and where did you find it? I just rooted my new Droid X, running Android 2.2.1 and got the Wireless Tether off of the market. It ran fine, but wouldn't stop just as you described above. I went to the google project page and downloaded the latest but now it won't run at all.

Any help finding the proper version would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0
What version did you find and where did you find it? I just rooted my new Droid X, running Android 2.2.1 and got the Wireless Tether off of the market. It ran fine, but wouldn't stop just as you described above. I went to the google project page and downloaded the latest but now it won't run at all.

Any help finding the proper version would be greatly appreciated.

You realize this is the Captivate forum, right?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones