Wireless Tether App

Last Updated:

1. WSFrazier

WSFrazier Active Member This Topic's Starter

I have a rooted Evo 4G currently running the latest Fresh. Also running the current Wireless Tether App 2.0.5 pre 9.

I am always having a problem of the client computer just dropping connection and no longer can find the broadcasting signal. Seems like the phone just stops broadcasting randomly. Only way to fix it is to disable and then enable the wireless tethering again.

This happens about every 10-15 minutes, on any computer I try. Work, home, shop, everywhere. I also tried wiping the phone completely and re-installing the app.

Is there a more reliable wireless tether app out there?

Advertisement
  2. FestoKGB

FestoKGB Well-Known Member

You can try the pre8 version. Some folks are having success with that.

Also there was this on the FAQ at the android wifi tether site:

If you don't have ShopSavvy you could see if you have other apps that may be trying to hijack your wifi for location purposes.

3. teknagen

teknagen Well-Known Member

version 2.05-pre7 works best for me

4. TF1984

TF1984 Well-Known Member

I recommend as mentioning trying various versions.
    Note that you have to find the one that best agrees with the current kernel you're running.

Pre05 might work best with stock kernel, while
    pre09 might work with KingxKernel #10, yet Pre08 work best with KingxKernel #9 and Netarchy #9.

^^^These are hypothetical examples. I can't remember all the best matches, but I go through this process every time I change Kernels (including when I flash a different rom - as they usually flash with their own Dev assigned default kernel).

Just go to the Wireless Tether list and try them one by one. Good luck friend. This is one of the most irritating things about customization IMO.

Here ya Go... Downloads - android-wifi-tether - Project Hosting on Google Code

5. pho75

pho75 Member

Try going into settings and picking a different channel. My connection use to drop every 10 mins with the default. After trying a few different channels, the connection is much more stable now.

6. PhxDroid

PhxDroid Member

For a reference Point:

On my Evo, am running Stock , 2.2 and I am using wireless tether pre 8 on channel 2437 and i routinely get 45 minutes without interrupted service.

7. rkkeller

rkkeller Well-Known Member

There are also versions listed as "stable" that you might want to try. Most of the more recent versions are listed as "experimental" so they might have problems.

8. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

not sure why this got revived but I am using pre9 with 2+ hours without interruption or fluctuation in speed