• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Wireless Tether Issue with Evo

Would changing the channel or version help with the getting the actual connection? I finally got the laptop and phone to establish a connection, but I get a triangle with an exclamation point telling me the DNS Server is unavailable. I have the newest version of wireless tether 2_0_5_-pre10, on channel 6, the LAN selected is 192.168.2.0/24and am running Win 7. I can't open a webpage even though it shows connected. When I switch back to my home Wi-Fi everything is fine. I used Unrevoked3. Any help is appreciated. I did check other threads and haven't seen the same issue.

Well changing the verison to 7 worked just fine-I didn't really test the speeds or to see if 8 worked better-I just saw the connection, got a page to load and called it good. I'll play with it more this weekend if I get time and report what I find out. Thanks for the tips!

Update-changed to 8 and it's working better. First speedtest-1668 kbps Download, 728 kbps-that's on 3G. Honestly it's like I'm connected to my wi-fi at home. Can't complain at all.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones