Wireless Tether Problem?

Last Updated:

1. zx7

zx7 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, how is everyone? Nice forum here, I already picked up some good tips but am having a lot of problems with my droid. I will start with the tethering issue.

I have mine done with smoked glass and it has the wireless tether installed. It will open and my computer will sync up with it either secured or unsecured and then you will see a several seconds flash of bytes in and out and then the kbps will drop down to 0 and I will be unable to connect to the internet.

I have read that newer versions may solve the problem and that if I dont have my ordinal sd card in, it might be the problem since the info may be needed? I did try copying those folders onto this card but still no good. The nandroid one to be exact. If the only option is to remove this tether and install a new apk one, how do I that? I cant seem to find it? Thanks for you help.

Advertisement
  2. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

Try uninstalling it and just installing Wireless tether from the market.
    There's also another app calles aNetshare, but i dont hink it's in the market.
    Do a search for it. I really liked it. Dont have it currently on my new phone thoguh

zx7 likes this.
  3. zx7

zx7 New Member This Topic's Starter

4. ChiefIlliniwek5

ChiefIlliniwek5 Well-Known Member

I can't get the access control to work properly. My computer will connect to my phone but it won't receive an IP address. I put the check mark next to the phone in the wireless tether access list so it should be allowing it to use the signal. Anyone have any ideas?

5. stmartin84

stmartin84 Well-Known Member

I hate to dig up an old post, but I'm experiencing problems tethering too. I thought it has something to do with the encryption so I disabled that. It seems to work only at random. Anyone have and ideas?

6. Fulltime Traveler

Fulltime Traveler Well-Known Member

On my Droid Eris, I discovered that Wireless Tether works with one Wi-Fi adapter (an IBM 4965AGN) but only intermittently with a Realtek adapter.

7. backjauer1

backjauer1 Member

i hate to hi-jack as well, but wi-fi tether works well as long as i dont have access control or wifi security on. as soon as i put either of those two security features on, my devices wont connect.

any idea?