Wireless Tether

Last Updated:

1. Nexol

Nexol New Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a chance of getting caught while using wireless tether?And by that I mean is there a possibility that I will be charged on my bill,I'm not sure if it makes a difference but I'm using an Htc Evo Unrevoked.

Advertisement
  2. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

You have unlimited data on sprints network. Depending on when you got your contract for service you may have a limit on roaming data.

That being said....anythings possible. Would be difficult to prove tho.

3. obscurehaven

obscurehaven Well-Known Member

While on the subject, I just rooted my EVO and I downloaded the wifi tether app and works but when I connect with my laptop, there is no actual internet. Is there a thread that offers solutions?

4. tmwilsoniv

tmwilsoniv Well-Known Member

Yes, there are many threads offering solutions. It's just a matter of finding the right version for your ROM and phone. May I suggest that you consider flashing a custom ROM such as Fresh 3.4.? It comes with Wireless Tether Pre-11. Once installed, you should be good to go.

Flashing this ROM is the perfect next step once you are routed. AppBrain and Titanium Backup should be installed and running prior to flashing a new ROM. A full data wipe (factory reset) is generally recommended prior to flashing. In the case of Fresh 3.4., it's not critical. The cache and dalvik wipes should be sufficient. QuickBoot will also make the process easier.

Welcome and good luck!