• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Wireless Tether

Wireless tether make an adhoc connection that some devices cannot pick up on perfect example is an android device can't see an adhoc connecting. But you said you can see an open connection on your ipad? If you see a connection then you should be able to establish a connection and bam it should feed off your 3g connection for internet. I personally couldn't get wireless tether or barnacle to work for me so I purchased the team blackhat app which has everything you need to create a true 3g hotspot not an adhoc connection the those other programs use. It's a $1.99 and you get free wifi hotspot as well as some other goodies. Check it out its worth the 2 bucks in my opinion. Sorry I can't be anymore help than that.

Upvote 0
I personally couldn't get wireless tether or barnacle to work for me so I purchased the team blackhat app which has everything you need to create a true 3g hotspot not an adhoc connection the those other programs use. It's a $1.99 and you get free wifi hotspot as well as some other goodies.

Does that work for PS3 as well?

Upvote 0
Getting your question answered doesn't fall into the reason why a thread would be deleted. Think about it. Someone else is going to ask the same questions and use this thread as a good reference, so it should stay open. ok? :) Thanks!

BTW: I like your cap. I'm a Yankees fan. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones