Wireless tethering speed issue.

Last Updated:

1. WiiZYBaBY

WiiZYBaBY Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry if this is a repost, I looked and found nothing that addressed my problem. I have a Sprint Hero running Fresh Toast 2.1 O/C @ 691. I have had this setup for about 10-12 days and everything has been perfect, until today. I am at my home, where normally tethering can reach up to 1MB/s. Today it topped off at 40kB/s, and I noticed my browser in my phone is also lacking in speed today. I have restarted the phone and did a battery pull, yet the lack of speed persists! Is this a carrier problem? I want to do whatever I can to not have to reset/nandroid restore, as I dont want to go through all the hassle of adding everything back to the phone that isnt backed up on the nandroid(apps, settings, home screens, widgets). Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Advertisement
  2. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

speed all depends on how many cell phones are currently using the same tower, plus the signal strength, plus weather conditions... in other words... it could be any number of things, but the ROM is most likely not the cause..

3. WiiZYBaBY

WiiZYBaBY Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks a lot. That makes sense considering the time It was occurring.